Menu

Help Me Pick A Grammar

Ok, here is what I need for dd12. She just completed Winston Basic Grammar this year.

Something that is not time consuming. Maybe 20 minutes a day tops for her. I dont mind teaching just dont want it to be hour long lessons. Something that uses literature would be great. Something easy to use. Not too expensive. Something that will refresh her on previous skills and teach her more advanced. So what are the recommendations?

We are using Easy Grammar this year (for my 12 yo ds) and I'm trying out Learning Language Arts through Literature, the orange book, for my 4th grader this year. It incorporates several different aspects of LA into one lesson, including grammar. I'll have to let you know what we think of it after we've actually tried it. It's new for us. :)

I really like KISS Grammar. It uses literature, and the price is great. We do it about 5-10 minutes a day, which keeps the previous skills sharp (you use all the old stuff continuously) and lets us make slow progress. I'm not trying to finish quickly, just to keep learning and practicing.