Menu

Will this be enough for history for my 7th grader?

This coming school year, I plan to use a combination of Story of the World volume 1 and Mystery of History volume 1 with all of my kids at the same time. I'm confident that it will be fine for the first grader and the fourth grader but I'm afraid that it just won't be enough for my seventh grader.

I'm using this plan made by someone on here, according to the notes: http://www.redshift.com/~bonajo/sotwmoh.htm

Any thoughts? I'm thinking I'll add some biographies for him to read on some famous americans...just not sure.

Thanks!

I am planning on using SOTW with my three younger ones and having my 7th grader add in outlining from Kingfisher along with extra reading from Trial and Triumph and other history related books including some primary source materials.

I have the Mammoth Book of How It Happened for my older kiddos. It is a primary sources book for World History! We are doing MOH1 and SOTW 1 this year as well but with a 1st, 2nd and 5th grader. I saw it recommended in TWTM 3rd ed I believe. When my now 9th grader did the MOH I had her do the older student activities. It worked out VERY well for her!

I am planning on using SOTW with my three younger ones and having my 7th grader add in outlining from Kingfisher along with extra reading from Trial and Triumph and other history related books including some primary source materials.

I have the Mammoth Book of How It Happened for my older kiddos. It is a primary sources book for World History! We are doing MOH1 and SOTW 1 this year as well but with a 1st, 2nd and 5th grader. I saw it recommended in TWTM 3rd ed I believe. When my now 9th grader did the MOH I had her do the older student activities. It worked out VERY well for her!

Thanks for the ideas! I'm looking into all of these! :)