Menu

my new kitchen! (before and after picture enclosed!)

So, we had a flood and DH had to tear everything out of the kitchen. The first picture shows that process. The second picture is from this morning.....what a difference! New cabinets, a tile backsplash, granite countertops (we had stained laminate before). He even tore down a weird partial wall (where the pencil sharpener is in the first picture) to give more counter space. Only thing left in that room to do is the tile on the floor. We had the granite installed professionally, but everything else was done by DH. He ripped it all out, installed the cabinets, redid the drywall, textured the walls, painted, and did the tile backed by cement board. Oh, and the sink and dishwasher switched places to give me more counter space, and the pantry was moved to another part of the kitchen for the same reason. We did hire a plumber to extend the pipes, but DH installed the sink/etc himself. And he put in the overhead microwave, to replace our small counter top one.

post-17065-13535087131484_thumb.jpg

post-17065-13535087132033_thumb.jpg

Edited by ktgrok
add photos

That looks great!

I've known a few people who put a faucet over their stove to make it easier to fill pots with water or soak them after cooking.

Am I the only one who tried to enlarge the picture to check out the book titles? :lol:

Yes! I have a weird version of arthritis in my hands, that will probably get progressively worse, and so a pot filler was a practical idea to save me some wear and tear on my joints. That faucet is obviously temporary, we are shopping for a nice pot filler.

Barely!:lol::lol::lol:

Your kitchen looks wonderful. How long did it take you guys? Were you completely without a kitchen while working on it.

well the flood was in October...so a long time. I had a few bouts of no kitchen, but for most of the interim dh actually built me temporary counters out of 2x4s and plywood...with vinyl tiles on top for the counter surface. It was very little house on the prarie for a long time. I actually made my daughter's birthday cake on a card table, lol.

Yes! I have a weird version of arthritis in my hands, that will probably get progressively worse, and so a pot filler was a practical idea to save me some wear and tear on my joints. That faucet is obviously temporary, we are shopping for a nice pot filler.

It looks very nice. I thought very long and hard about a pot filler here but ended up not getting one!

Enjoy your new kitchen [and congrats to your husband on being so handy]! We did our last kitchen remodel almost two years ago and I love our kitchen but I didn't love being without a fully functioning kitchen while the work was done.

Lovely Kitchen!

As much canning as I do, it'd be awesome to have a pot filler above my stove! I personally want a large 6 burner stove. I am constantly cooking and could use that many quite frequently.

We like that backsplash tile! We looked at it ourselves for when we redo the kitchen. Don't forget to seal it though.

Not sure what look you're going for, but Lowe's has a nice stainless steel one by Giagni for a relatively good price and good reviews.

Lovely Kitchen!

As much canning as I do, it'd be awesome to have a pot filler above my stove! I personally want a large 6 burner stove. I am constantly cooking and could use that many quite frequently.

We like that backsplash tile! We looked at it ourselves for when we redo the kitchen. Don't forget to seal it though.

We used a grout additive instead of water when we mixed the grout, that supposedly seals it as you use it. Hope it works!