Menu

What else should I read?

I read WTM every summer and also The Core.

Today I picked up some short ebooks on simplifying and planning for homeschooling.

I think I need some encouragement this year. I'm tired of just getting through the day and then before I know it, the school year is over and I didn't get nearly as much as I hoped done. I don't want to do more. Rather, I would like to do more with intention. If that makes sense...

So book suggestions??? (or even blogs to read!)

I think I need some encouragement this year. I'm tired of just getting through the day and then before I know it, the school year is over and I didn't get nearly as much as I hoped done. I don't want to do more. Rather, I would like to do more with intention. If that makes sense...

So book suggestions??? (or even blogs to read!)

Little Men by Louisa May Alcott :D I listened to in on Librivox earlier this year and was very inspired by it to be more intentional.

I've used this book/dvd combo for the past two years and it has really helped me in planning my school year.

http://simplycharlottemason.com/books/planning-your-charlotte-mason-education/

Even though it says "planning your CM education", it works for any curriculum. We use mostly WTM recs for our school - I didn't want you to think this is only for CM users. :)

hth!

eta - I find CM's writings ( and Sonya Schafer's interpretations of them) to be so inspiring and motivating for me. I reread parts of her books every year to help me get geared up for the upcoming school year.

Edited by Mothersweets