Menu

Searching for a solid writing program

I am looking for a solid writing program for my 17yo. It can be geared toward younger writers. I would like to increase his ability to be a functional writer. Short reports for college, work, letters, notes. I am wondering if anyone has come across a program that is not full of bells and whistles but stresses paragraph construction, and the various kinds of essays. We have done several things but he has a LD is in this area and it has been in one ear and out the other.

Listening with all ears here!

I have an 18 year old that did not pass the placement testing for English at the CC (I had a feeling) because of his LD's and severe hearing loss so I need to remediate through December for a retake and hopefully he'll pass without any college remedial writing/reading.

I did sign up for an IEW webinar for Monday night and the presentation is for a pilot program to help seniors/college-age kids write and they are going to sign up beta testers of the program for free so hoping.......free is good since I've got a big tuition/books bill coming up in 2 weeks for him.

I did sign up for an IEW webinar for Monday night and the presentation is for a pilot program to help seniors/college-age kids write and they are going to sign up beta testers of the program for free so hoping.......free is good since I've got a big tuition/books bill coming up in 2 weeks for him.

That looks like a great deal. I just couldnt commit to IEW on my own but doing something online seems like a good way to get through it.