Menu

Lively Art of Writing: what's the difference among all the different ones?

Lively Art of Writing: Understanding Forms has a copyright date of 1982 and is listed at 140 pages. Lively Art of Writing: Developing Structure has a copyright date of 1987 and is listed at 206 pages. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a preview at either Amazon or Google Books of either.

The version that I have is just called Lively Art of Writing, has a copyright date of 1969 and is 196 pages.

This is the standard one most use: Lively Art of Writing.

AFAIK, there is only one edition of her material. Later editions might have some updated introductions or such.

Some difference in length could be because of the size of the pages. The one I linked above, for example, is pretty tiny, but I have seen editions that were larger and therefore had less pages.

Lively Art of Writing: Understanding Forms

Lively Art of Writing: A Book on Composition

Livelyl Art of Writing, Developing Structure

Is it a series or are they different editions of the same thing? Can you tell me anything about the differences?

I had a couple of these in hand at one point; my recollection is that they covered the same material as this version but were designed for school use.

Regards,

Kareni

We own both the modern version linked by Kareni and Angela and also an older copy of TLAoW: A Book of Composition. The latter is a school copy used by my husband back in the 70s.

The two books are basically the same.

The only difference I could spot is that the older version has a short summary section at the end of each chapter, while the newer version has a summary chapter at the end of the book instead. I checked a few random sections and they were word-for-word identical in content.

The older copy is physically larger and easier to read and use. The print in the newer edition is denser on the page and the book is more difficult to hold open.

This is the standard one most use: Lively Art of Writing.

AFAIK, there is only one edition of her material. Later editions might have some updated introductions or such.

Some difference in length could be because of the size of the pages. The one I linked above, for example, is pretty tiny, but I have seen editions that were larger and therefore had less pages.

That book is one of the best homeschool purchases I have made. Cheap too.:D