Menu

My heart has two holes in it (my emotional heart, not the cardiac one)

My ds15 and dh left yesterday for camp in Colorado. They'll be gone for 10 days. My husband has been working 10 hour plus days so it's not like I'm used to having him around all the time. And ds is quite independent too so he's not usually even in the same room as I am. But I miss them! The house feels emptier without them. Dd10 is with me and she's busy and demanding enough to keep me busy. What is funny is that both my husband and my son were driving me crazy right before the trip and I was looking forward to them being gone already! Did I mention how much I miss them?

I feel for you, Jean! My kids are gone for two weeks visiting family on the other side of the country. They've not been gone like this together.

And who is this strange man in my house? He claims to be my husband. I guess I should get used to him again, lol.

And we've been eating like old people. On a positive note, I'm sure I'll save tons of $$$ on groceries this month!

(Seriously, missing my kids desperately, and they've only been gone 3.5 days!)

Aww, :grouphug:.

Dh has been gone all week as an emergency fill-in for our youth mission trip, and dd will leave Tues for a few days at the beach with friends. Happily, ds22 is now home from his summer intensive at VCU, so at least someone will be home with me! (Actually, dh gets back tomorrow, too.)

It's nice to miss them, in a way. :001_smile:

Thanks everyone. Dd and I are going to watch the American Girl "McKenna" movie tonight with popcorn. She tells me that I can't sit at my laptop and just listen to the movie.:D

And my son is probably glad that he is hundreds of miles away when I saw the state of his cat's litter box.:glare: I just spent the last 45 min. disinfecting the litterbox and setting up a nice fresh system for the cat.

My ds15 and dh left yesterday for camp in Colorado. They'll be gone for 10 days. My husband has been working 10 hour plus days so it's not like I'm used to having him around all the time. And ds is quite independent too so he's not usually even in the same room as I am. But I miss them! The house feels emptier without them. Dd10 is with me and she's busy and demanding enough to keep me busy. What is funny is that both my husband and my son were driving me crazy right before the trip and I was looking forward to them being gone already! Did I mention how much I miss them?

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I just walked in the door from picking ds up from his Habitat for Humanity trip. I drove 8 hours round trip in a van making a weird sound...when I could have waited til tomorrow and only driven 1/2 that....but I missed him...and would rather have him home a few hours early. Now older ds....hmmmmmm....when he is not home it is...uh....peaceful:D

Wait til he goes off to college and then decides to live across country and you only see him twice a year and he's married to a darling girl you would also like to see and then has a precious baby that you never get to see either except once in a while and..............

Crap. Did I type that out loud?

Wait til he goes off to college and then decides to live across country and you only see him twice a year and he's married to a darling girl you would also like to see and then has a precious baby that you never get to see either except once in a while and..............

Nice job making me feel better. . . :glare: :D

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: for you too.

Ohmygoodness. You just stabbed a hole in my heart. :crying:

:grouphug::grouphug: