Menu

5,000 Year Leap Course??

DS used it 2 years ago and we both liked it. It was systematic and easy to follow. There are 20 or so Principles of Liberty they ask the student to memorize, and questions to answer after each lecture. We found the content enlightening and interesting. The teacher in the video is probably between 55-65 and not the most dynamic speaker, but he was fine and even engaging at times. I'm out of town at the moment so can't look at it, but if you have specific questions I may be able to answer them.

Guest mother2these

May I ask whether this is voiced from a Christian perspective or a more neutral one?

It sounds like a solid course, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks,

MH

I can't say it's completely secular...it can't be. The Founding Fathers believed there is a God. The book explains the Founders' belief that rights come from God and how that influenced the writing of the constitution.

The book does not try to convert or get preachy - it simply explains what the Founders believed. You have to understand their point of view in order to understand the Constitution. I normally use secular material and I was 'okay' with this book.