Menu

How would you spell this name? (with poll!)

Which is the most standard spelling?  

1. 1. Which is the most standard spelling?

• Anabel
    • Anabele
    • Anabelle
    • Annabell
    • Annahbell
    • Annebell
    • Annebelle
    • Annibelle
    • Annabelle

DH and I disagree about what is the standard spelling for the name Anabel/Anabele/Anabelle/Annabell/Annahbell/Annahbelle/Annebell/Annebelle/Annibelle/Annabelle. Which spelling would you consider most standard?

Poll to follow.

Edited by cottonmama

I love that name, by the way. And you can do Annie or Belle for the nick name.

DH and I disagree about what is the standard spelling for the name Anabel/Anabele/Anabelle/Annabell/Annahbell/Annahbelle/Annebell/Annebelle/Annibelle/Annabelle. Which spelling would you consider most standard?

Poll to follow.

I would go with Annabelle, or Annabel. (The Edgar Allan Poe poem is spelled Annabel Lee.)

I would cross Annebell or Annebelle off your list entirely if you want people to pronounce the name as ANNA-bell—both of those would be pronounced ANN-bell.

Edited by WordGirl

:iagree:Because people will most likely try to sound it out phonetically. My little cousins name is Christinia (Chris-tin-e-a) ??? Her mother wanted it to be original. But now she has to correct everybody who says her name :(

Which is why we went with the traditional spelling of my DD name: Madeline instead of the French version Madeleine

I would go with Annabelle, or Annabel. (The Edgar Allan Poe poem is spelled Annabel Lee.)

I would cross Annebell or Annebelle off your list entirely if you want people to pronounce the name as ANNA-bell—both of those would be pronounced ANN-bell.

I have a bit of a pet peeve with "ana/anna" because the traditional way to say "Ana" is on-uh and "Anna" is ann-uh. We named our dd "Audriana" and people call her "Audrianna" quite a bit...unless they are Latin, then they get it. :001_smile: