Menu

NCAA question

Anyone know when, for NCAA purposes, a student is considered to be in Xth grade? Is it at the end of the previous grade or the beginning of X grade? In other words, is my rising freshman an eighth grader who can get a response to a specific question from a specific school in which she is interested, or is she, for another month, a ninth grader to whom the coach cannot respond?

Anyone know?

Terri

Once you have completed 8th grade, you are considered a rising 9th grader; therefore, a high schooler...at least this is how it worked with us.

Drat! Not the answer I wanted. Now I have to figure out some other way to get my question answered. Thanks!

Terri

You can call the coach or athletic office at any time. The coach just can't contact your child about playing for them except during the NCAA approved contact period. Ds received literature and questionnaires from numerous schools starting in 9th grade. You can go online and fill out the interest forms now, if you want.