Menu

Are there other tools on this forum that I don't know about?

Similar to the recent thread about not knowing that clicking 'More' got you more Smilies, I just discovered you can search within a thread :blush:.

I've been around here for a while. I can't believe I would use the 'Search' at the top of the page and then slog through PAGES of responses looking for my highlighted red search topic.

So what other "obvious" tools do you use here that I'm clueless about :001_smile:?

You can subscribe to threads without posting on them (obvious to some, not so obvious to others. ;)) It's up under "thread tools" .

I knew this one, but it was ages before I realized I could subscribe to threads that I was replying to while I was posting the reply. :tongue_smilie:

You can subscribe to threads without posting on them (obvious to some, not so obvious to others. ;)) It's up under "thread tools" .

I knew this one, but it was ages before I realized I could subscribe to threads that I was replying to while I was posting the reply. :tongue_smilie:

I very rarely check back on threads that I do not reply to. If they pop back up in the main list and I'm interested I go in. So I don't bother to subscribe to anything because replying does that for me, in a way (I search by my own user name to see this list).

And then you can go to the bottom and do forum jump to and pick "subscriptions" and poof a whole list of ones I'm interested in. (I guess you sort of get this with having email notifications but I don't check that email so this works better for me.)

You can also set your account to automatically subscribe to all threads you reply in. I have mine send me email notification for them. I use the thread tools to unsubscribe to ones I DON'T want to follow.

Which is why I sometimes get emails about threads I participated in years ago when someone mysteriously resurrects them.