Menu

MFW student sheets?

MommyK

I purchased a wonderful set of ECC, and am just trying to tie up loose ends. I'm not sure what the student sheets truly are. Can I photocopy them, or do I really need to buy a set for each child. I will purchase the flag stickers and passport for each.

Also, the Parent/Teacher supplement. Is that necessary?

I hope I'm not being a nag..

I recently bought a set that sounds just like yours. I called MFW and asked about the Student Sheets, they told me that they were a stack of papers about 1" thick containing some paper and some cardstock. With papers for geography, bible, science, coloring pages, maps, etc. They sounded like they were a pretty important part of the program. The student sheets are not to be copied. The teacher supplement has games and maps and things that you are able to copy. I hope this helps.

they are consumable.. copyright says no copy. even if they did permit it... given the cardstock and geography game board pieces in color.. I wouldn't bother with it.

I did ECC twice when it was first edition and there were pages that we copied from manual and then from other books.... I'm jealous that 2nd edition people don't have to do that... you'll enjoy the ability to buy them. I didn't mind doing the copying way back in the day... but having seen the new ones.. get 'em :)

parent supplement - get that. it has map masters if you made mistakes.. or need more... one extra copy of geography game. and then some other games.. oh yeah.. the Chinese checkers game was in there. We had to make our own, or find a used one or skip that...

you'll want one set of student sheets per student in grades 2-8. under 2nd grade.... depends a bit on age. If they want their own flags, and coloring sheets, and play the game.... just make it easy on yourself and get them a set. even if you dont' use every sheet in 2nd edition with science with youngest... it's worth it for the price.

other options to save a little bit of money..... with youngers (assumes they will not be crushed if it is not exactly the same flag...) some flag making sheets are in the Trip and Another Trip, and they can use your board from parent supplement.

-crystal

We are doing ECC this year.

The student sheets include a geography game on cardstock, the sheets needed for science and geography/history sheets to include lots of maps that the students will be using.

The teacher's packet includes an original of key maps (not all), a copy of the geography game on cardstock, the instructions for the geography game, and a chineese checkers game.

I ordered a copy for each child and just figured that my time of not copying was worth it. If there about 100 pages, I know it would be about $10 at least to copy black white.

I also am going back to order two more student sheets because I know we will go back through it with my youngest. I have a friend that looked at my manual (newer edition) and her older manual to see how many revisions there were. She said not much was changed but science as it was updated. To upgrade was $50 for the newer teacher's edition and a she had to buy multiple copies of the student sheets. This way, I will have them ready to go and won't need to buy a revised edition! I never would have thought of that except for my friend's experience.

Edited by heritagelearningacademy
correct cost

Good to know. I just wasn't sure what they were in the first place. Thank you guys for the help.. I think I will get a set for my first grader too.. It's not like they are horribly priced. I just had no clue what they truly were!

I think I will get a set for my first grader too..

We have a 1st grader doing ECC this year. I know you aren't "supposed" to add them in until 2nd grade, but I just help her when necessary. That is our main curriculum and we just add in individual Language Arts and Math.

"I know we will go back through it with my youngest. I have a friend that looked at my manual (newer edition) and her older manual to see how many revisions there were. She said not much was changed but science as it was updated. "

just feel like expanding some information.. to help others make their decisions...

I thought there were some significant changes from 1st to 2nd edition. 1st edition did not have the jr. high grids. Kingdom Tales. science was different.. some cosmetic changes were nice too.. the student sheets are a big improvement over 1st edition in my opinion..

I"m a bit of a mfw junkie and have 1st and 2nd edition manuals. I purchased 2nd edition when I was moderating a yahoo group on ecc.. :lol:

but... if random person out reading this plans to use ECC in jr. high... 2nd edition will be very helpful for that. Yes, I did ECC in jr. high with first edition...so it can be done.

update for new manual if you turn in your old one that bought from mfw is y $45 for new manual.. then student sheets.. not sure on all details.. but thought some of that might help someone reading....

-crystal