Menu

Looks like Obama is in my city.

I used to live on the outer fringes of NYC, and Dick Cheney was a member of a hunting club in my town. We could always tell when he was visiting because of mysterious roadblocks. I'm glad the guy liked to have some downtime, but sometimes you've got to go to the store for milk, KWIM? ;)

I was living in Hong Kong and was going the the British Council (the cultural arm of the Embassy) for my regular Cantonese lesson. I arrived at the door and was told that I couldn't go in, I had to stand behind the barriers and wait. A little while later, Tony and Cherie Blair came out beaming and went round and shook the bystanders' hands. I didn't get the impression that any of us had chosen to be there to greet the great leader - we were just trying to get on with our lives and unwittingly became a photo op. I wonder whether the Blairs thought we had turned up to honour them.

Laura

Edited by Laura Corin

Yep, I'm in VA Beach, and I was on my way to pick my son up from Norfolk Academy. Hello!

He was/is also in Hampton today at Phoebus High School. I wasn't sure which one you were referencing. It's neat to know that some of you guys are so close.

We need WTM car stickers or something. Have you seen the Outer Banks stickers (OBX)? We need ones like that. That way we can identify each other on the road...Or in parking lots. We'll know which of us are really putting our shopping carts away. :leaving: :D

He was/is also in Hampton today at Phoebus High School. I wasn't sure which one you were referencing. It's neat to know that some of you guys are so close.

We need WTM car stickers or something. Have you seen the Outer Banks stickers (OBX)? We need ones like that. That way we can identify each other on the road...Or in parking lots. We'll know which of us are really putting our shopping carts away. :leaving: :D

:iagree: WTM sticker with a clear background so it looks classy. As classy as a bumper sticker can be......

:iagree: I do have a homeschool license plate. I don't see many of them.

Uggh! I detest living in NH during the political season. It feels as if someone is visiting every other day, and they take over all of the main routes. I have finally learned to keep my eyes open when I am out in the evening. If I see the road block supplies on the side of the road, I know to allow extra time to get anywhere the next day.

ETA: love the classy WTM sticker idea!

A friend of my daughter's just posted that John McCain had shwarma in Tripoli today. She's in Tripoli and this made the local news :-) If he just put food pics on Facebook like I do he could save the Lebanese press a little work.

All I can see is the scene from The Avengers of them all sitting around eating Shwarma with McCain.

Uggh! I detest living in NH during the political season. It feels as if someone is visiting every other day, and they take over all of the main routes. I have finally learned to keep my eyes open when I am out in the evening. If I see the road block supplies on the side of the road, I know to allow extra time to get anywhere the next day.

:iagree: That makes two of us!

I just waited in traffic for 40 minutes on the way to pick my son up from camp. I didn't realize he was so close. He's going to speak to my old high school.

We must live in the same town! I got stuck in traffic trying to get to my sons baseball game. I told him to tell the coach it was the presidents fault :D