Menu

Okay happy thoughts as the kids finish with playdough

I will have to scoot in a few moments, looks like the kids are getting tired of the playdough, so off to the next activity which means off the computer.

SO tell me something good that has happened today.

Today I was able to send ds13 to the grocery store with a list and some money and he was able to get what we needed.

Seems like a little thing but he had been banned from the store for a year due to an alleged attempted theft (he never left teh store, he was wandering the aisles with a bag of candy in front of him and he was accused of trying to steal it, The person accusing him was the parent of a kid we had recently called the cops on). Anyway, he has regained permission to go there but since regaining it he has only gone with me or dd12.

Today was his first time going on his own. So he was able to stick to the list and not spend my change. Able to prove at the store he can be trusted. AND it is a life skill he needs to live on his own, yet another one of those things I am never quite sure he will be able to do.

So that was my super happy moment so far today.

How about you? What good/happy moment has happened in your home today?

I just have to say... someone accused your kid of shoplifting because he was walking around the store carrying an item sold by the store? :confused:

I do the same thing every couple of days. How come I've never been arrested?

My happy thought for the day is that a homemade bread experiment worked out well. Oh here's another: everyone found something decent to eat for lunch today (besides bread). Lunch can be very iffy around here. ;)

I'm happy for you! That would be a milestone around here, even without the bogus shoplifting charge.

Wow! How nice your ds can do that for you!

Dd9 and I are working on the basement. We want to make it an extension of our home and both girls have their own room down there to hang out when their friends come over. It is fun making plans, selecting paint colors, etc. NOT fun as we work on decluttering, but GOOD that it is being decluttered. Even better is that we are finding lots of cool stuff we had to put down there (then forgot about) to make room for mom.... So it is like shopping but not spending money. :lol:

A funny: we came upstairs to take a break and sit in the a/c. Dh said he had to go find Lola. Apparently our mastiff puppy wandered away. He was out looking for her on the 4-wheeler but came home alone. Then he saw she was resting on the deck the entire time.:lol:He brought her in to cool down in the a/c and then Cooper, our other puppy, started to pee. Dh got mad at him for peeing because he was jealous that he was spending time with Lola so he put Coops in his crate. coops continued to pee lke a race horse and dh got mad again. i told him, he's peeing because he HAS to!!!:lol::lol::lol: dh does stuff like this all the tme. He is BRILLIANT, but he is also like the absent minded professor.;). The Lymes is making him even more absent........ Poor guy. I cleaned it all up so he could walk Cooper outside.:D

I will have to scoot in a few moments, looks like the kids are getting tired of the playdough, so off to the next activity which means off the computer.

SO tell me something good that has happened today.

Today I was able to send ds13 to the grocery store with a list and some money and he was able to get what we needed.

Seems like a little thing but he had been banned from the store for a year due to an alleged attempted theft (he never left teh store, he was wandering the aisles with a bag of candy in front of him and he was accused of trying to steal it, The person accusing him was the parent of a kid we had recently called the cops on). Anyway, he has regained permission to go there but since regaining it he has only gone with me or dd12.

Today was his first time going on his own. So he was able to stick to the list and not spend my change. Able to prove at the store he can be trusted. AND it is a life skill he needs to live on his own, yet another one of those things I am never quite sure he will be able to do.

So that was my super happy moment so far today.

How about you? What good/happy moment has happened in your home today?

Very cool!!!!!!! So far I'm at work so no happy moments yet....there aren't many here lol.

I just have to say... someone accused your kid of shoplifting because he was walking around the store carrying an item sold by the store? :confused:

I do the same thing every couple of days. How come I've never been arrested?

My happy thought for the day is that a homemade bread experiment worked out well. Oh here's another: everyone found something decent to eat for lunch today (besides bread). Lunch can be very iffy around here. ;)

I'm happy for you! That would be a milestone around here, even without the bogus shoplifting charge.

It was messed up. They never called the cops because he never di anything, but being small town I kept him out of the store for the year because it is far too easy with the rumor mill to make it more than it is. The clerk claimed she saw him try to put it in his shirt. Video of th store doesn't see that, but she claims it was during one of the times ds's back was to the camera, her word against his, manager believed the employee mainly as she did not know the history between our two families.

That said it is cleared up now, he is back to using the store and they generally leave him alone, and that employees son has been in repeated trouble in town where mine has not. The way gossip goes through town I am glad I stuck to the year and didn't fight it, as it actually worked out better for his image and mine in a weird way.

It really was a huge milestone for him.

I am glad to hear your bread experiment worked. Homemade bread is the one of the yumiest foods there is :D

Wow! How nice your ds can do that for you!

Dd9 and I are working on the basement. We want to make it an extension of our home and both girls have their own room down there to hang out when their friends come over. It is fun making plans, selecting paint colors, etc. NOT fun as we work on decluttering, but GOOD that it is being decluttered. Even better is that we are finding lots of cool stuff we had to put down there (then forgot about) to make room for mom.... So it is like shopping but not spending money. :lol:

A funny: we came upstairs to take a break and sit in the a/c. Dh said he had to go find Lola. Apparently our mastiff puppy wandered away. He was out looking for her on the 4-wheeler but came home alone. Then he saw she was resting on the deck the entire time.:lol:He brought her in to cool down in the a/c and then Cooper, our other puppy, started to pee. Dh got mad at him for peeing because he was jealous that he was spending time with Lola so he put Coops in his crate. coops continued to pee lke a race horse and dh got mad again. i told him, he's peeing because he HAS to!!!:lol::lol::lol: dh does stuff like this all the tme. He is BRILLIANT, but he is also like the absent minded professor.;). The Lymes is making him even more absent........ Poor guy. I cleaned it all up so he could walk Cooper outside.:D

poor puppy, all he wanted to do is piddle lol

Shopping without spending money sounds like fun. It will feel so good once you finish the basement.

How awesome, and how helpful for you! I always have to send two of my kids in together. If they go alone, they always seem to forget something. :glare:

My happy moment of the day was when my oldest called me a few minutes ago to ask if he could go out for pizza after camp with the other diving instructors. He's the youngest by a few years, so he's been feeling awkward all week. He was so cute on the phone, because he clearly didn't want the people around him to know he was asking his mom for permission. :001_smile:

New exciting news. I just got off the phone with ds8 and he passed his swimming lessons AND his summer school teacher told him she was very impressed with the improvements he made in her class. Not in his reading or writing ability but by the end of the second week he was participating in class and not saying "I can't/I don't know" so much, he would try to answer. Of course she also mentioned to gramma that his disruptions in class ramped up in week 2 as well, so finding his voice there was not necessarily a good thing lol.

So he is now done swimming and summer school and next week has VBS, then he comes home.

My exciting news of the day. My daughter who has ezcema has to soak in dead sea salt in a bath everynight. She is 7 and for 2 years every bath has been horrible bc she crys and says she hates baths making the bath miserable for me and her! Tonight she had a blast in the bath and didn't want to get out! I know the only reason for change is much prayer. I am so thankful:laugh: