Menu

Heros of the faith/Missionary Books

We will be using a different Bible curriculum this year which (I think) won't have any biographies included. We have used BJU Bible for the most part up until now, and they always have a few lessons a year on famous christian men and women. I know about the Christian Heros series and the like, and while I will probably buy a few of those, I don't want to have to buy a ton of separate books. Also, my kids and I may not always want to spend a whole book on one person, kwim? Does anyone have any suggestions on books that would contain many short biographies in one? I do plan to get Foxe's Book of Martyrs but want to cover more recent people as well.

Thanks!

FWIW, we read one of the Hero Tales books this year and were not captivated. There is a summary story first, then short more-detailed stories. The way it came together just didn't suit us very well. Maybe it is because my kids are younger, idk.

I know about the Christian Heros series and the like, and while I will probably buy a few of those, I don't want to have to buy a ton of separate books. Also, my kids and I may not always want to spend a whole book on one person, kwim?

Just thought I'd share that I bought 20 of these books very early in our homeschooling, and they are actually my kids' favorite books. They even talk about who's going to get to keep them when they're all grown up!