Menu

I feel like I'm officially a homeschooler now

dzingirl

It felt SO good when I filed with our cover school-and, in fact I did so in January, even though DD wasn't officially starting to be homeschooled until the following fall. I also ordered a ton of materials at the same time-only to have DD discover them and work her way through them BEFORE she officially started school the following fall.:lol:

I think it's like buying baby stuff when you're pregnant-it makes it real.

Ooo nice! What did you buy? I swear a major reason I homeschool is the excuse to shop.

From RR, I got the AAS deluxe kit and AAS1, RS math card games kit, LoF Apples, Miquon lab sheet annos, 1st grade diary, and notes to teachers, Idea Book for Cuisenaire rods, Draw Write Now book 1, I Can Write coloring book, Ready for Writing, Ancient Egyptians and their Neighbors, Ancient Israelites and their Neighbors, and Story of the Orchestra.

From Amazon, I got Magic School Bus the complete series, Liberty's kids the complete series, DK First Human Body Encyclopedia, Dover My First Body Book, DK First Nature Encyclopedia, 13 Artists Children Should Know, Music for Little Mozarts Deluxe Starter Kit, Exploring Ancient Egypt Fun Kit, Sum Swamp game, crayola dry erase markers, and to hopefully keep Hulk busy, the Melissa and Doug doorbell house. I can't wait for it all to arrive!

That's so exciting! Because of where my son's birthday lies (August) and maturity issues we'll most likely do two years of kindergarten, but I also got my first box a couple of months ago and was so excited. I feel like I'm finally legitimized to be posting on this board.