Menu

Living Math or Math on the Level

Ruthie in MS

I've been hearing about Math on the Level and I looked through their samples and LOVE IT! I am in love with the everyday math/Living Math approach (and I need some hand holding) but I am NOT in love with the price $295!! I know it's for PreK-8th grade but who really has the cash to drop on one subject? :glare:

Is Math on the Level worth the investment?

Or is there something else out there that is similar only cheaper?

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks in advance!

Hmm.. You could check out the living math website if you haven't already or you could look int the Kitchen Table Math books. There are three covering the same grade span and together would be about $60. I'm not super familiar with MOTL though because the upfront price dissuaded me at the time I first looked, also.

I just wanted to say that I met the author at the home school fair this year and she was very nice and you could tell she was excited about her product and put a lot of thought into it. She walked me through the program- and being new and different it was a little hard to grasp but I'm sure if you emailed her she would answer any and all questions.

I did not buy the program, since I have so much extra math stuff at home and have resources already for integrating 'living math', etc. but if I did not have any resources I would be very tempted to buy too.

I think if you certain to being committed to a teacher-intensvie math program for years to come it could be worth it- but by no means the kids can't do it on their own, at least that was my understanding. But it kind of sounds like you are anyways. I would email her and ask her on the return policy, since it is a big commitment upfront. That way you could browse the whole product and decide from there. :001_smile: