Menu

Is there a prize for this???

"Longest newborn sleep pattern".

You know when people ask, "Is he sleeping through the night yet?". No, he's not. He still wakes up every 2 to 4 hours needing one of us (this is due to an immune disorder that causes him wild itching and/or needing a neb).

6 years old in a couple of weeks and still hasn't slept through the night once.

Oh dear. I thought it was bad that my son didn't do it until the toddler years. :grouphug: You must be exhausted.

I think I win the "night owl" prize. I haven't been to bed before 1am since... well, I can't remember the last time. I keep saying I'll go to bed earlier, but it's the *only* time the house is totally quiet and I'm alone, LOL!!

narcissist mother hospitalized for cirrhosis of the liver. She loved the nurses, then hated the nurses and insisted on going home before she could even sit up. Step-dad is heavy drinker, too- he cleaned out their house of all booze..a big concession but I was really touched and pleased he did it.

I was visiting yesterday and walked out of her room to find him sitting in kitchen drinking a beer. Apparently only hard liquor counts, not beer. :glare:

"Longest newborn sleep pattern".

You know when people ask, "Is he sleeping through the night yet?". No, he's not. He still wakes up every 2 to 4 hours needing one of us (this is due to an immune disorder that causes him wild itching and/or needing a neb).

Mine is 13 I feel ya! He has autism

Mine is 13 I feel ya! He has autism

Well yikes, if yours is 13 and hasn't slept through the night, I'm handing the golden statuette over to you! And a giant hug, although knowing the level of exhaustion involved I'm sure you'll have no memory of the hug about 13 seconds later!

My older girls who have the same disorder still waken, but they don't wake us, they just deal with their needs themselves.

Much respect.

I aspire to that award.

Someday. Maybe. If I'm really lucky...

Oh, if we had not cut ties with grandmother and some of the other *crazy* family, trust me....I'd have your story. Grandmother is in her 80s and has lost enough vision, and become old enough to not have the strength to make far away ppl miserable.

Something about longest continuous baby care... Next month I will have been nursing for 8 years - 4 of which was tandem nursing. I will have been changing diapers for 8 years and co-sleeping for 8 years. And did I mention that I'm expecting a baby next month? So I've signed myself up for about 3-4 more years of the above fun.