Menu

My Rainbow Resource wish list totals...

hsmom2011

At one point in time, I thought it would be fun to add anything I might ever have fun using at least once to the CBD wishlist. I thought hey, maybe they'll get weird and give away someone's entire wish list.

The total was over $5000.

And then we went without internet for over 2 years. When I got back online, I deleted basically the whole thing.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest! ;)

My wishlist is up to $1,900+ which includes anything I thought looked fun/different etc. Plus multiple programs for some subjects :lol:

I have a week or two left of waiting for money to purchase new curriculum. I am constantly (nearly daily!!!) deciding, and then promptly changing, my final cart choices. :svengo:

Okay, seriously, you all need to post what's on your wish list! I hate, hate going through their catalog. I'm much more of a shiny, glossy catalog pictures girl :) The only thing I'm needing from Rainbow right now is Singapore math. Mostly everything else I order from amazon. But I'd love to be enabled, lol!

Funny, my wish list is just that.. a wish list. A depository of things I might want, but am not sure, don't want to forget, think look interesting, want to have for price comparisons, have a quick go to for a gift idea....

I have never paid attention to the total. ;)

I just got their catalogue for the first time. I was expecting something nice, shiny & with pictures. I am a pictures type of girl! Their catalogue setup made me not want to purchase anything!!

What are your favorites to get from RR??

I pretty much only buy from them what I can't get elsewhere. Around Feb I start planning for the following year. I clear out wishlists at Rainbow, Amazon and Home science tools. Then I start adding to all of them. Whoever has the best price wins, lol.

I think from Rainbow I get my SM books, some Tops science books, Vocabulary from the classical roots, etc.

Most books for reading or science I can pick up at Amazon, either with prime or used.

The funny thing is, when I look at the list, it really doesn't look like that much. I have to weed through and decide which items are not absolutely necessary. Of course in my mind they ALL are, so nothing gets deleted - lol. :D

Funny, my wish list is just that.. a wish list. A depository of things I might want, but am not sure, don't want to forget, think look interesting, want to have for price comparisons, have a quick go to for a gift idea....

I have never paid attention to the total. ;)

:iagree:

My total is $1,279.97. I never looked at the total until a couple of weeks ago and was shocked. I tried to cut and paste my wish list but it just didn't look pretty once I place it in my post.

I don't look at the catalog, it drives me crazy - too many choicies!! I go online and type in what I'm looking for, if it's there, it goes on my list. I try to have my shopping list all written out before I even attempt to shop. Sticking to the list is the big challenge.

I just order a little at a time. Just enough to get free shipping. It makes me feel better that way! ;)

This is what I do. I could never afford to buy it all at once. :001_huh: I also check for bargain versions on workbooks/TM which saves a few bucks here and there. :D

This is part of mine. A good chunk of mine was ordering things to go with the TGTL series but these were my extras.

Group: Extra Stuff

038136 3-D Solar System Mobile Making Kit $15.95 $15.95 038691 Covered Wagon Wood Model Kit $1.95 $1.95 034138 Eyewitness Horse Kit $11.95 $11.95 034140 Eyewitness N. American Animals Kit $11.95 $11.95 034144 Eyewitness Whale Kit $11.95 $11.95 012696 Torso Human Anatomy Model $10.50 $10.50 008964 Westing Game $7.50 $7.50

And, Extra Math to go with our TT

Group: Math 042827 Life of Fred: Decimals & Percents $19.00 $19.00 042828 Life of Fred: Fractions $19.00 $19.00 050545 Life of Fred: Ice Cream $16.00 $16.00 050546 Life of Fred: Jelly Beans

And, Extra Ancient stuff

Group: Ancients Extras 049575 Ancient History 2-Timeline Pack $14.95 $14.95 005848 Ancient Pyramid $19.95 $19.95 013768 Children’s Homer / Padraic Colum $7.95 $7.95 013786 D’Aulaire’s Book of Greek Myths $12.95 $12.95 031033 Fun with Hieroglyphs $18.95 $18.95 007911 Greek Myths CD $11.50 $11.50 016870 Lift the Lid on Gladiators $15.95 $15.95 001304 Mystery of History V1 Reproducibls CD 1ED/2ED $17.95 $17.95 012000 Tale of Troy $3.75 $3.75 006216 Trojan Horse: How the Greeks Won the War $3.25 $3.25

I did have a lot of "extras" at Amazon as well. Probably more then here.

At one point in time, I thought it would be fun to add anything I might ever have fun using at least once to the CBD wishlist. I thought hey, maybe they'll get weird and give away someone's entire wish list.

The total was over $5000.

And then we went without internet for over 2 years. When I got back online, I deleted basically the whole thing.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest! ;)

I'm impressed by the bolded sentence--I want to know how you pulled that off?

What on earth are you people buying? I just made my RR order and it was in the $150 range. I don't even know if I could spend the totals listed here on that site, I find it ridiculously hard to navigate. I'd pick Amazon any day. I only order things from RR that are the best price around and when I can get free shipping.

Whew, I just placed my very first HS order with them. AAR1 complete set w/ interactive kit, c-rods w/ orange and red book for a whopping $155. That seemed like a lot to me but after looking at other people's totals, I'm feeling much better about my $155. Of course, this is where it all begins and I'm currently dealing only with a 3.5 yo...

What on earth are you people buying? I just made my RR order and it was in the $150 range. I don't even know if I could spend the totals listed here on that site, I find it ridiculously hard to navigate. I'd pick Amazon any day. I only order things from RR that are the best price around and when I can get free shipping.

Just the science program and kit I want for my junior high kids comes out to over $150 and that is 1 subject for just the 2 oldest. Buying for my youngest 2 can be done fairly cheaply, but for the oldest 2 now that they are junior high it adds up quickly.