Menu

Gwg/ fll/ mct

momaof3

I used FLL this past year and it just didn't seem as if ds REALLY enjoyed it. He says he would be fine with doing it again but I want to weigh my options. I am wanting to know if out of GWG, FLL, and MCT which would you choose. I will add WWW to GWG and WWE to FLL so would I need anything with MCT. I looked at the MCT website and liked what I saw but was unsure of some things. DS will be in 4th grade and is a great reader. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!

We switched from FLL4 (dying of boredom) to MCT during 4th grade. It is fantastic, it was the best curriculum change we made last year. I do an additional writing program with MCT (WWE, then WWS). Some people feel like it doesn't do enough with basic mechanics, but I feel like the stuff it *doesn't* explicitly teach (i.e. capitalization rules) are easy enough to teach w/o a formal curriculum.

You could either start at the beginning (Island level) or at level 2 (Town), but even if you do decide to start in Town, do Sentence Island, as a wonderful introduction to grammar for writing.