Menu

Thyroid and Menopause: Am I getting better?

For over 19 years I have been on meds for Hypothyroidism. Thought I would be on this the rest of my life.

But now I have hit menopause......And my thyroid levels are too high....What? So, over the course of a year, the doctors have been gradually putting me on lower and lower doses. And I'm feeling MUCH better.

At the rate that I am going, I may be on a very low dose or completely off medication soon.

I googled this on the internet, but found more about how your thyroid levels got WORSE during menopause, not better.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Brenda

For over 19 years I have been on meds for Hypothyroidism. Thought I would be on this the rest of my life.

But now I have hit menopause......And my thyroid levels are too high....What? So, over the course of a year, the doctors have been gradually putting me on lower and lower doses. And I'm feeling MUCH better.

At the rate that I am going, I may be on a very low dose or completely off medication soon.

I googled this on the internet, but found more about how your thyroid levels got WORSE during menopause, not better.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Brenda

That's awesome for you! I'm pretty level and I'm into the menopause final turn, I think. Miss a period here and there and the ones I have are odd. Almost done! W oo Hoo! What will I do with all these tampons?

I jokingly tell my 15 year old daughter, "Don't worry about it...you only have 40 more years!!!";)