Menu

Our house was broken into today! :(

I'm soo sooooo sorry :grouphug::grouphug:

And please stop saying next time!!! We have cameras all over. We no longer have ANY solicitors. Most of those door to door ppl are canvasing, and I guess they don't want to be caught on camera. We can see the entire perimeter of our house at every angle, and keep a screen on at all times. Seriously, look into cameras.

:grouphug:

Do you have a dog? Our dogs make me feel so much more secure.

I was JUST going to post this! It's annoying when our dogs bark at EVERY. MOVING. LEAF on the street sometimes, and bark in the yard, etc. BUT, we feel a lot safer knowing that the world knows we have big, hairy, barking dogs. A friend is a police detective and he says that they almost NEVER investigate break-ins in homes that have dogs. At least that's been his experience in our suburban town.

And I say this as one who lived one street over from one of the men convicted in the horrific Cheshire Home Invasion here in CT a couple of years ago. We spoke with him daily as he walked by our house, and dd and I even took him freshly baked cookies one day because it was a chilly day and he walked by as we were taking some out of the oven. :001_huh: A month later he and another guy followed a family home, broke into their house at night, raped, tortured and murdered the mom and two young girls, then set their house on fire. It was awful. And so scary that we had been so close to evil for so long. He knew where we lived and he knew we had a young daughter. But he also knew we had big dogs.

I"m so sorry-- that feeling of violation and the anger are the worst. Sending hugs....

astrid

Yes. I am the woman who not only loaned that animal an umbrella when it was raining, but also force-fed him homemade chocolate chip cookies.

:svengo:

Thank God I wasn't asked to testify on his behalf at the very high-profile trial. weak laugh.

astrid

I am sorry that happened to you. Our house got broken into (DH left the back door unlocked) and they took my computer too. I didn't have grad work on there but I did have all of my 8yos baby pictures. When I got divorced, I left the photo albums and thought I would just reprint the pictures I had on the computer. THen when it got stollen, I lost them all and ex wouldn't let me borrow the albums to scan the pictures. I am sad for you.

I would be angry and scared. I hope you filed a police report and I would ask around the neighborhood if anybody has seen a car, a person, someone.

Or, get a large dog, like a cane corso. They look fierce to strangers but are very good and protective of their people.

Edited by Liz CA

And I am currently enrolled in two online courses and now we have no Internet access.

How are you posting? :confused:

There was someone in the neighborhood at the time his happened putting flyers on doors and I really think it may be related.

Scary, but good you noticed that. It may help them find the thief.

Thats awful! It happened to us last year they busted in our door and we had all our laptops and stuff laying out in the next room but since the alarm went off they only got the Wii. They actually just caught the guy bc when he busted the glass in the door it cut him and he left blood. So we are now going to court because of it. I am so sorry! I know how you feel when your privacy is invaded!!

A police officer said he knew of people doing this. I tried to do this with a commercial lawn blower that someone stole from us. I never saw it turn up on Craigslist. The officer said if we saw something suspicious to call and they would send someone out to take a look.

I heard a recent story of a guy whose motorcycle was stolen. It was very expensive.

He found it on CL and went (with his spare keys) to "look" at it. Sur enough, the idiot who stole it hadn't even bothered to take the owner's junk out of the glove box area and the original owner looked at the guy who had stolen it and said something sarcastic and hopped on and drove home! :lol:

I hope you catch this guy and get your stuff back.

Dawn

Oh how awful!! I'm so sorry! I can't even begin to imagine the emotions your are experiencing. I would think that far worse than even losing your things (not trying to make light of that...'cause that's bad enough) is the thought that someone invaded your home! That just has to be a horrible feeling. I hope all is found and returned to you unharmed. :grouphug:

OP, I am so sorry!!!! I would be livid and feel so violated. :(

It sounds to me like it could have been someone who knows you and what you have. They knew how to get in easily, where to find stuff quickly, the fact that the dog was not going to be a problem, etc.

:iagree: This is what I thought as well.

It sounds to me like it could have been someone who knows you and what you have. They knew how to get in easily, where to find stuff quickly, the fact that the dog was not going to be a problem, etc.

Definitely alert area pawn shops. We had a stroller stolen off of our front porch and it was turned into a consignment store the same day.

:iagree::iagree::iagree: