Menu

Answer- "Because I had to steam clean the chicken blood out of them!"

Question from ds1- "Why are the basement steps all wet?"

Backstory:

I was standing in the living room about an hour ago, talking with my SIL and the other two moms who all arrived to pick up their kids at the same time. Just prior to this, I had sent dh down the basement to find out what was that gad-awful smell that was seeping up from down there. (Which, by the way, I can't believe he hadn't noticed before this, since the basement is HIS domain, and he's the one who sends people home from work if their perfume is too strong! Whatever.)

So, I'm standing there chatting with all the moms, and dh comes running up the stairs, screaming, "AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" and carrying something that is dripping everywhere. Apparently, a package of chicken legs fell behind the freezer, which is probably my fault from when I was digging stuff out of there the other day. It was pretty nasty looking and hideously foul smelling. Dh ran outside with it, got a trash bag from the garage, put it in, and chucked it in our big cart that we wheel out front.

Meanwhile, I'm now running behind him shrieking like a banshee because he's dripping foul chicken blood everywhere. :willy_nilly: We'll see if the moms bring the babies back tomorrow! :D

So, after they left, I bleach mopped the unfinished part of the basement floor, and steam cleaned the carpeted part and all the way up the stairs and mopped the landing and hosed out the garage.

Through all of this ds1, the aspie, is down the basement watching TV- while I'm steam cleaning, mind you. So, when I ask him to bring me down a laundry basket from upstairs, he asks me why the stairs are wet. :svengo:

I need a vacation.

Through all of this ds1, the aspie, is down the basement watching TV- while I'm steam cleaning, mind you. So, when I ask him to bring me down a laundry basket from upstairs, he asks me why the stairs are wet. :svengo:

This could have either of my older children, and neither one has been diagnosed with Aspberger's. Sometimes it really makes me wonder about them. I like to think they just know I have it all under control (har har).

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thank you. :D

:iagree: