Menu

What could this WEIRD leg pain be?

Yesterday I woke up with excruciating leg pain. My pain went from the tip of my toes to my hip on my right side. Dd9 rubbed my foot and leg twice :001_wub: and it helped some while feeling uncomfortable at the same time. I was so uncomfortable that I slept in the recliner with my leg propped up very high.

This morning I was still in pain. Dd9 again asked to rub it for me. It helped more than it made it uncomfortable. When I stood up, I was frustrated because the pain was still pretty severe. Now, though, the pain is coming and going. it sometimes will radiate from the tips of my toes through my hips and lower back, then go away. I am again sitting in the chair with my leg elevated and most of the pain is going straight to the knee now.

How weird is that? And for it to come and go? SO strange. Sometimes the pain is so intense that it makes me nauseous. The way the pain comes on so intensely and then fades away reminds me of labor pains.

There is no redness, swelling or hot spots.

ANY idea what this weird pain could be?

I did go in for a lymes test and western blot today. I am wondering.....

My FIRST thought is lumbar spine. Can you dangle/hang somehow to decompress that area and see if your leg improves?

ALL of our lower limb nerves come out of the lumbar region of the back. Sometimes the toes, calves, knees, or hips hurt or tingle and it is really caused by vertebral compression.

I don't mean upside down. Sorry I wasn't clear!!

I have leg pain sometimes and I can make it "calm down" by leaning on my kitchen bar and taking as much weight off my feet as possible. Or I have dh pick me up or lie down on the bed and have the kids pull on my legs. Things like that. Yeah, I don't think I could hang upside down without passing out. I would like to try, though!

Piriformis muscle squeezed too tight?

See if these exercise make it better. If you get little or no relief, I'd call a chiro.

If you look around, you will find other exercises as well for sciatic pain and piriformis.

This particular piriformis stretch has helped me tremendously.

Another way is to get down on knees, bend one leg in front of you, kneecap on the outside, lower leg at 90 degree angle and you support upper body with hands and /or elbows. Then try to lower yourself down as if you were going to lie flat on your leg on your belly. Go only as far as you can feel a pulling stretch in buttock and hips. Do not force beyond that.

Do you have plantar fascitis? It sounds like the pain i have in my leg foot/hip/leg due to my PF. The pain gets severe enough that I have a hard time walking at times. It's been bad this week because I have been wearing flip flops which of course is a huge PF no-no but it is just too hot to wear my normal sneakers.

pinched nerve?

I would have severe pain in my leg to my foot, but it didn't go to my hip. the muslces in my calves were very tight and pulling on tendons and ligaments - but they didn't "feel" that way and it was only obvious when my chiro went looking. after that, when the pain would return, I would do a deep tissue massage in my leg and I could literally feel the pain reduce while doing the massage. I have no more pain.

Edited by gardenmom5

Piriformis muscle squeezed too tight?

See if these exercise make it better. If you get little or no relief, I'd call a chiro.

If you look around, you will find other exercises as well for sciatic pain and piriformis.

This particular piriformis stretch has helped me tremendously.

Another way is to get down on knees, bend one leg in front of you, kneecap on the outside, lower leg at 90 degree angle and you support upper body with hands and /or elbows. Then try to lower yourself down as if you were going to lie flat on your leg on your belly. Go only as far as you can feel a pulling stretch in buttock and hips. Do not force beyond that.

:iagree: