Menu

What to add to Faith & Life?

Moxie

We've used F&L every year but this year we'll be dropping the workbook and just reading the chapters and discussing. My kids will be in 6th and 5th and we'll be using the 5th grade F&L. What should I add to Religion? Any Church history recommendations for that age??

Last year we started doing Faith and Life online through MyCatholicFaithDelivered.com. It has extras! In addition to the F&L book chapters and online quizzes, it has art, music, prayers, and trivia games.

At that same web site, there are other resources (the Didache series comes to mind) but that may be a high school level. One of the things I have been concentrating on for my kids is to get them involved with church activities involving other kids (celebrating feast days, rosary, benediction, Little Flowers Club).

That looks interesting. Do you need the book or is it all online? Would I need to purchase one for each child or can they share?

You would not need any books - it is all online. If you are doing it informally I don't see why you couldn't share an account. If you are doing it for CCD, check with your parish because they may have an opinion on that.

We use MyCatholicFaithDelivered online also. My 12 y/o dd thinks its...eh..ok. My 7 & 8yr old really like it because they can do it together.

For the fall, I'm thinking about doing F&L book and adding Bible History through Lady of Perpetual Help which is an online class.

Hope that helps.

I add in lots of saints stories, and liturgical year stuff. Check out www.sanctussimplicitus.com . They have a free liturgical calendar that you can print out and make with the kids. Their newsletter is fantastic, sent every week, with lots of stuff to do and ways to keep feasts.

I also read through The LIfe of Our Lord for Children.

I love F&L. I teach CCD at our parish and they use Loyola and I far prefer F&L.