Menu

Do you sell something?

I sell high quality hair accessories. With 5 daughters, I fuond my company to meet a need, and I love the products. I can fix their (and my) hair in minutes and it always looks gorgeous.

My site is www.lillarose.biz/sweethairlooms

We ***love*** Lilla Rose hair clips. My girls hosted one of their first big home parties and we/they sold $400 in clips to their friends/moms. Highly recommend.

I sell Uppercase Living vinyl for walls. I sell home ground flour and corn meal through our local food co-op. And I sell my services as a speech-to-text transcriber for hearing impaired persons.

I need to remember you. Don't stop selling before next year. :D

I love words. And quotes. I have a couple things that I want on my wall, just need to narrow it down. (Really, Uppercase Living is like.... crack for someone like me. I can just see it now, my walls are eventually going to look like the pages of a book. :lol:) I can't get anything yet because I'm moving in a year, but once I move I should be settled for 6-7 years and can finally get something! :tongue_smilie:I've been wanting to order for so long.

Just an FYI that in the past, these kinds of threads have been removed, even when the links have been solicited (as I learned the hard way). Maybe it would be permitted on the FS board?

Maybe a sub category at the top of the for sale board, like the 2 logic stage categories within the k-8 board.

Just an FYI that in the past, these kinds of threads have been removed, even when the links have been solicited (as I learned the hard way). Maybe it would be permitted on the FS board?

Thanks for the warning. I went ahead and bookmarked some sites - just in case.

I can fully understand not wanting advertisements on any particular average thread or that's all we'd have on here, but it sure would be nice if the mods would allow one thread people could get on if they wanted to and ignore if they didn't want it. I wouldn't care where it was.

Mine is only useful if you're in Central Maryland.

I give bellydance lessons in my home studio. My student troupe is mainly families (moms, daughters, sons, husbands) and they perform 2-3 times per year.

I also do the occasional teen girl birthday party, moms night out, or bridal shower. (Real bellydancers never ever do bachelor parties)

Mine is only useful if you're in Central Maryland.

I give bellydance lessons in my home studio. My student troupe is mainly families (moms, daughters, sons, husbands) and they perform 2-3 times per year.

I also do the occasional teen girl birthday party, moms night out, or bridal shower. (Real bellydancers never ever do bachelor parties)

Okay, that is very cool! I'll have to tell a couple of my friends with dance daughters. In my case though, after eleven pregnancies, NO ONE wants to see my belly :001_huh::tongue_smilie::lol:

I have enjoyed reading all the replies. What a talented and diversified group we are.

I used to design and sell custom children's clothing. However, homeschooling is my priority and that is taking up more time these days. Also, my eyes are as sharp as they used to be and as I need them to be for much of the detailed work I did.

Because I am a fabric addict though, I now sell fabrics. We have a small selection. I am slowly, but surely, building up my inventory.

:) Beachy

I sell Usborne books, which I just love.

I also had an online store for years that specialized in cool boys' clothes and accessories and stuff, but closed that last year.

Hey! I think I know you from another board! Were/are you on the BBB? Of so, I used to browse your store a lot - you had some nice stuff.

Wow, what a fun thread, so many talented people on here!

I have 2 shops on ETSY, I sell hand knitted/felted gifts on 1, and handcrafted BEER Soaps (yes beer, they are made with a liquid base of beer to start) on the other. Here are links;

http://www.etsy.com/listing/97512438/blueberry-blonde-ale-beer-soap?ref=pr_shop

http://www.etsy.com/listing/91885867/unique-buttoned-scarfcowl

Love this idea!

Oh SWB, P u l e e z e can this be a new category for the hive?! :D

I noticed on the resource page of WTM that there is a list of business owners, so you could see about being posted there. That said, there are a lot of us who sell on Etsy or other place as (very) small businesses...ie. not big enough to have a website, and I think that's what this thread is all about.

My daughters each have etsy shops:

http://www.anacreate.etsy.com

http://www.shutterdot.etsy.com

http://www.bewitchyourself.etsy.com

My oldest sells dairy goats and goat milk soap.

She has been building up a herd of dairy cows for families who want their own milk, but none of those are for sale yet. She will only sell them after they are trained to behave during milking.

She also has an order to train a goat to pull like the one she is training for herself now.

She also has a lamb that she needs to go to Dallas and shear. She spins at farmers markets every weekend, where she also sells yarn........

Gee, no wonder she does not have time to clean her room.

I feel so lazy now, it is time to rethink my life :tongue_smilie:.

That said, there are a lot of us who sell on Etsy or other place as (very) small businesses...ie. not big enough to have a website, and I think that's what this thread is all about.

I was aware of Etsy before this thread, but I can't tell from Etsy who is also on here, plus, of course, not everyone on here who sells something is on Etsy. ;)

What a fun thread. It's great to see all the ideas on here. You are all so crafty and talented. I hope to check back here and do some clicking to see some of your websites.

My dh is a beekeeper and we have been working with beeswax -- trying different formulas for hand cream and lip balm. We sell it in really cute jars. I hope to purchase the lip balm tubes and try that too. And of course we sell honey -- yum, yum. We have made this into a small business LLC. My family goes around to schools,libraries, nursing homes doing bee talks and crafting rolled candles. For the talks we have a website http://www.thornapplewoodlands.com but we haven't added honey and beeswax products. Although if someone would want some I am sure we could box it up and ship it out. :)

...Oh, Nan! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Have you actually sold anything yet?? I do remember when you started talking about learning painting - way to go! I would love to see some photos....

I am proud to report that I have sold 3 paintings and 22 cards!!! I made enough on cards to pay for their printing and I still have cards left over to sell. And ... I have a studio!!!!! My husband painted a bit of the garden shed for me. It is tiny but it is SO nice to have someplace where I can leave a project out without either putting it away or having the family severly inconvenienced and risking the cat walking over my pallette or getting her magnificent fluffy tail into the paint and doing some doing some painting of her own. I'm sure everyone in this thread knows what I am talking about lol. We (my mother and I work together) are working on getting a website and attaching a box to the side of their garage in which to display paintings. They live on a busy street. This is right where I wanted to be as homeschooling winds down. I can't believe it. Have you read that book Outlier? Among other interesting theories, it says that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to become really good at something. That translates to about full time for 5 years. I am at the 3 month mark lol, and it is looking like that 10,000 hour theory is going to apply to this, so I am relieved and happy. I just have to keep painting and keep studying and I will be able to make some paintings that please me. I'm not aiming for world famous here. And even more important, I have found that I actually like doing the painting. There are lots of things that I do because I like the result (like sewing clothes) not because I like the actual doing. I was afraid this, when I actually got to the point where I was able to do it, would turn out to be one of those, but it hasn't and I'm pretty sure it won't. : )

Nan

I am proud to report that I have sold 3 paintings and 22 cards!!! I made enough on cards to pay for their printing and I still have cards left over to sell.

Nan, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!

And ... I have a studio!!!!! My husband painted a bit of the garden shed for me. It is tiny but it is SO nice to have someplace where I can leave a project out without either putting it away or having the family severly inconvenienced and risking the cat walking over my pallette or getting her magnificent fluffy tail into the paint and doing some doing some painting of her own. I'm sure everyone in this thread knows what I am talking about lol.

Oh, I have started dreaming of my own studio space, too!!!! Right now my dining table is covered with a sewing machine, a big Boston paper cutter, my box of sewing tools, piles of cards cut out and ready to decorate, and more. Good for you!!!!

We (my mother and I work together) are working on getting a website and attaching a box to the side of their garage in which to display paintings. They live on a busy street.

Wonderful!

This is right where I wanted to be as homeschooling winds down. I can't believe it. That is so great!!!!Have you read that book Outlier? Yes.Among other interesting theories, it says that it takes 10,000 hours of practice to become really good at something. That translates to about full time for 5 years. I am at the 3 month mark lol, and it is looking like that 10,000 hour theory is going to apply to this, so I am relieved and happy. I just have to keep painting and keep studying and I will be able to make some paintings that please me. I'm not aiming for world famous here. And even more important, I have found that I actually like doing the painting. There are lots of things that I do because I like the result (like sewing clothes) not because I like the actual doing. I was afraid this, when I actually got to the point where I was able to do it, would turn out to be one of those, but it hasn't and I'm pretty sure it won't. : )

Nan

Ah yes, I get this (the bolded). I have "parts" of processes that I like to do, and other parts I don't. I'm not crazy about cutting out cards (though I do like the measuring to design sizes) and envelopes, but I like when I get to the decorating stage. Sewing - I don't like the fabric prep/layoutpinthepattern stage/some smallbutfinicky parts of the construction stage, but I like the fabric and design planning, and the decorating. I pretty much like all parts of knitting and crocheting, because once I get a design planned and get it started, it's rhythmic.

I am so happy for you that this dream is working out so nicely!

I design digital scrapbook supplies. :) I can also design blogs, logos, etc etc.

Really? I am a hybrid scrapbooker who uses some digital elements -- mainly photo templates. I'll keep you in mind if I cannot figure out what I want to do with my blog.

My son sells
He wanted to design a knife that was fully functional. It has a locking mechanism and everything. It's pretty cool!! :) He's sold a ton; they're offered through CRKT and some catalogues.

If anyone wants some KleckerKnives.com is where to go :)

I bought one of these at our homeschool conference in June. I bought it for my 9 yo ds whose name is Nathan! He put it together and loves it.