Menu

How do you motivate yourself to lose weight??

So I went to the urologist today for all my pre-lithotripsy stuff and discovered that I weigh 5 lbs more than I thought (DANG IT!) - I was really hoping that if my scale at home was wrong, it would be in the OTHER direction. ;) So that puts me at about 25 lbs overweight. :(

On top of that, I apparently have high blood pressure, which I have NEVER had before. I have had all my pregnancies without high blood pressure and everything. I've actually always had pretty low blood pressure, even when pregnant, so I'm like :001_huh: about the whole thing.

I'm just sort of at a loss. I don't know what to do to fix this. I get that I need to exercise but I don't know when to do it, or what to do. It's insanely hot right now so I can't really do anything outside, plus the kids are young and I'd have them with me. I hate exercise videos, but I guess I just need to figure something out. I don't know when to do them... I get up and immediately get into the shower (well, I usually get Pink some breakfast first - the boys eat before I get up) and then just start with my day - and this is summer. We start school in two weeks and then I really don't know when I'll have time. I don't want to do it later in the day, after I've had a shower, and just end up feeling like I need to shower again.

And the food thing is totally throwing me off. I eat pretty well. So I just don't get it. I'm totally frustrated and upset by the fact that no matter what I do, I just can't stick to losing weight because it means either being hungry or not eating food that tastes good or sitting here unable to eat anything while everyone else does.

I started doing fitnesspal again but it gets so annoying. I make a LOT of different stuff and I was getting really sick of having to go in every single day and add a new recipe and figure out just how many servings it is, etc, etc. When I was doing it, I noticed that I don't regularly consume a massive amount of calories in a day. It set my goal at like 1420, and while I did go over several times, it wasn't by more than 200-300, and I still ended up losing 5 lbs only to gain back that PLUS 5 more in the next two weeks.

It just sucks. DH eats Totino's pizzas and Chef boyardee (and occasionally ramen) for lunch, cinnamon raisin bread with butter for breakfast, normal dinner, and salt and vinegar chips for a snack after the kids go to bed and weighs 155. I weigh more than my husband and eat 90 cal granola bars for breakfast, salads or leftovers (usually either stir fry or whole grain pasta with veggies and some chicken) for lunch, normal dinner, and tortilla chips with some dip after the kids go to bed. I know how I eat isn't perfect, but it isn't bad.

I'm just really down right now. :confused: And totally at a loss for what to do. I feel like I've been fighting an uphill battle with my weight since last October (when I suddenly went from weighing 160 - still wanted to lose weight then - to 170 in a matter of about a week or two) and I'm losing.

:( :crying:

Oh, that and welcome to the hell hole that is over 29 in terms of maintaining/losing weight. :lol:

I guess I'd flunk as a motivational speaker.

:lol:

You want to know something awful? When Astro was about a year old (so I was 24) I had gotten up to 150 or so (I was 133 post pregnancy with both the boys) and I lost weight by..... wait for it..... cutting back my snacks at night to only eating doritos until the first commercial break of whatever show I was watching.

I lost 10-15 lbs.

:svengo:

I so wish I could still do that. It would be awesome. Maybe I should try it just to see... :lol:

I was motivated by this:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz205SGDhpv

and the book:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Primal-Blueprint-Reprogram-effortless/dp/0982207786/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341979528&sr=8-1&keywords=the+primal+blueprint

And a few other Paleo books like it. I've suspected for a long time that I am insulin-resistant, and combined with the brain fog, lethargy after eating, etc., I couldn't seem to get on the feel/look healthy side of things.

Now I know how to eat for my body, and I feel (and look) so much better! Energy! Alertness! Not hungry all the time!

Good luck...I've been there.

I know exactly what you mean about high bp! I was never high either and suddenly in the last year or so, it happened! The best motivator for me right now is this book. I am loving lifting and I am seeing huge changes. Not so much in weight (I'm down 20 with about 20 to go) but I am seeing muscles and I've dropped 2 sizes and several inches. I used to do P90X and Insanity and royally messed up my knee and got plantar fasciitis (heel pain) so this is the best thing for me right now.

jeri

I find it very motivating once I get going to see the results. I feel so much better physically when I'm at a normal weight--it's easier to move around, I have more energy, etc. I have lost 28 lbs since September--I'm actually back to my pre-kids weight and I turn 37 next month. At the end of my last pregnancy, I think I was in the 180s. :blushing:

Anyway, I joined Weight Watchers, but I basically eat the way I want to, but am much more aware of my intake, making better choices overall. I don't have a lot of time to work out, plus I have a lingering back injury that makes it difficult to exercise as strenuously as I would really like. But 80% of weight loss is about food intake, and only 20% is exercise.

My feeling is that my longevity and quality of life is worth making different food choices. I think that ultimately, virtually all of us will have to watch and moderate what we eat if we want to manage our weight throughout our lives.

Well, at first I was motivated because I was sure something bad was going to happen. I was at least 50lbs overweight. I am in my early 40s and I know it's going to get harder once menopause hits so that was motivating. There are several serious diseases that run in my family and being overweight makes all of them more likely and worse. So, that was very motivating. Plus, I was embarrassed and uncomfortable in my body all the time. I dh's co-workers and I got the look. I was judged for my weight. My toddler asked me why I was so fat.

I didn't want to be that person any more. I didn't want those looks any more. I didn't want to worry or embarrass my kids. It was horrible.

I am now 50lbs lighter and have kept it off for over 5 years. I go up a little every once and a while, but I keep on top of it and get my weight down. I make myself get on that scale every morning first thing. I take my measurements every month. I am still slightly overweight according to my BMI, but my weight will not budge any lower than it is. I am at peace with that.

I started with a goal of 10%. That was the hardest weight I have ever lost. But, once I did that I was so much better educated about how it all works and I was able to keep going.

One thing i will tell you is that it is 85% what you eat. I exercise 45-60 mins almost every day. It keeps me young and fit, and I will never give it up. I love working out hard. But, it doesn't make me lose weight. It prob keeps the weight off, but it wasn't until I addressed what I was eating, the type of food and the portion size, that the weight started to really shift.

A food diary and a kitchen scale are my best weapons against middle age weight creep. I use them every day.

As far as exercise goes, do you have any interest in walking/running? There are lots of "couch to 5K" program plans available for free online, and it looks like your kids might be old enough to do it with you and/or ride their bikes along while you train. Or will your husband join you? Signing up for a local 5K race might be just the commitment you need to get you moving, and maybe you could all do it together as a family by doing your walks/runs in the evenings.

Also, Jillian Michaels has some VERY effective work out videos. One of my favorites is called 30 Day Shred. It's about $7 on Amazon, each workout takes about 1/2 an hour to complete, and you will see results pretty quickly doing it just 3 days a week. You need some hand weights -- 2 or 3 pounds each to start with -- or cans of soup work well in a pinch. :) I recommend setting your alarm clock about 40 minutes earlier and doing the workout before you shower.

If you find online groups to be motivating, you can join http://www.dailymile.com to track your workouts. It is easy to make cyber-friends on there to encourage you and share the journey.

Once you make a plan just take it one day at a time. Try not to get overwhelmed by the big picture; daily goals are better to focus on. You CAN do this.

Oh, that and welcome to the hell hole that is over 29 in terms of maintaining/losing weight. :lol:

Haha, I love honesty. That is exactly my problem. I gained 20 lbs during a difficult time a few years back, and the I turned 30 and cannot lose it no matter what I do. :iagree:

:lol:

You want to know something awful? When Astro was about a year old (so I was 24) I had gotten up to 150 or so (I was 133 post pregnancy with both the boys) and I lost weight by..... wait for it..... cutting back my snacks at night to only eating doritos until the first commercial break of whatever show I was watching.

I lost 10-15 lbs.

:svengo:

I so wish I could still do that. It would be awesome. Maybe I should try it just to see... :lol:

That sounds like a yummy diet plan. I have not had Doritos in a long time.

My phone apps are motivating me lately. I enter my food & exercise in Lose It - really made me aware how often I was going over, especially with the evening snacking. I use Runkeeper to run or walk while the kids are at their sports, and I use Teemo for quick bits of exercise, like waiting for kids to brush their teeth at night. It feels good to get "credit" for exercising - otherwise I'll just keep putting it off.

I started losing weight at the end of September, just because I didn't like the way I looked. But in December, I had to do a health assessment because of DH's work and it was a requirement to get a discount on our medical insurance. My score was so low that I qualified for a free consultant to help me improve my score. I was so embarrassed! Their assessment agreed with my doctor's assessment after my physical. I'm at high risk for diabetes and cardiovascular disease. I've never had to worry about serious medical conditions like those. I'm now 44 yrs old and it's time I really take them seriously.

I'll be honest and say I've lost my weight with a change in diet. I am on Weight Watchers. I have exercised so little that there is no way it affected my weight loss at all. I'm talking about an average of a 30-min. exercise session once every 2 weeks. Without exercise, I'm still at risk for medical problems. But it's the one thing that I find the most difficult. Ugh!

Kara, I hear you. I have lost 50+ pounds. Twice. The first I used a software program called DietPower and the second time I used WW.

I've gained it back. Again. Well, most of it. I'm up 35 pounds. Once the younger son started really eating, the weight gain started, and over the last 2 years.... :( Nothing fits. I hate how I look and feel.

I looked at LoseIt! again yesterday. And I even started entering my food. And then I got to the cookie I had in the afternoon that was a gift from a neighbor, and then dinner which would have meant somehow entering a custom recipe, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. :/ I don't want to spend the rest of my life weighing and measuring. And I know people tell me to just man up. But it's hard watching my 6'3" DH eat whatever he wants and weigh 10-15 pounds less than me.

I thought maybe just a paper and pencil food-diary where I didn't try to worry about figuring out exact calories but just to visually see what I'm eating in a day might be better, and I might try that.

Exercise is hard too. I joined the Y, and I enjoy my time there, when I get to go. But they don't have childcare in the afternoons when it seems most convenient.

Ok, I guess all this is to say, I feel your pain, but I don't know the answers either. :(

:bigear:

I use spark people. yes, I do sometimes have to enter packaged food on my own, but it's not difficult. I have on occasion entered an entire recipe, but only two or three times. Sometimes I just pick from what is available and make a good guess.

Weight Watchers can be a very helpful program to learn about portion control and changing behavior.

And it is difficult to watch others eat lots and not gain weight. Women really get the short end of the stick when it comes to food. And as we get older we have to get more and more careful about it. Our muscle mass shrinks, our metabolism slows, etc. Exercise helps with that, but muscle is going to shrink no matter what. Metabolism is going to slow down no matter what.

For me it has been a long slow process. I know I didn't put it all on over night so it will take time to get it off and stay motivated. Since Mardi Gras I've lost just over 10 pounds. It is sloooooowly coming off. I have at least 15 more to go.

The only changes I made were to go lacto-ovo vegetarian (I eat eggs and dairy) and limit grains to the morning. I think if I totally eliminated snacks I'd lose faster, but that just isn't me. I can't stick with it if I'm miserable

Exercise will help with the BP. It is almost impossible to have high BP if you exercise daily. A casual stroll won't get it though. Exercise will keep your BP in check, it will keep you from losing muscle mass and it will help your metabolism stay up.

I hear you about the heat and the time. Buy a good fan and do calisthenics indoors. Walk in the evenings at dusk. Take a flash light - one of those big mag lights you can use to fend off whatever you might need to. Take a class - martial arts, yoga, zumba, etc.

Remember it will take work and dedication. :grouphug:

Write out a meal plan and eat it. Pick some yummy recipes and just eat the same thing for awhile.

I use sparkpeople but I preplan what I eat on there that way I can mess with it. I can lower the carbs by swapping something, etc

Keep preportioned snacks on hand and start eating fruits and veggies. I hard boil 2 dozens eggs a week and eat the whites. I bought those little snack bags and portion out grapes, pretzels, almonds, etc and I write the calories and carbs on the bags.

You dont not need to starve, this does not have to be as hard as we all think, you do not need to kill yourself with exercise.

Find one thing you like to do and do it. I started riding a bike. I HATE running but made myself do it for a year and it was torture and I hated it and so now I found I love to bike. 30 mins a day is not too much to ask.

Head to Pinterest and look around. I got a ton of ideas and recipes off of there. I LOVE zucchini cakes and I do not feel deprived eating those instead of mashed potatoes. I eat baked zucchini fries instead of regular fries. I eat cauliflower crust pizza instead of regular pizza. There are recipes for healthy ice cream and flavored watered......for ANYTHING and EVEFRYTHING.

Start swapping stuff. Swap mashed potatoes for mashed cauliflower. Swap high fiber whole wheat bread for white bread.

I overthought this and whined about it for a LONG time. I am an all or nothing OCD person and I decided to just start DOING something. It will come over time and it is not as hard as we all like to say it is. Yu can do this. Start making changes no matter how small.

Everyone has things in life they hate to do or that are unfair, etc. Millions of people do not eat junk food and they live perfectly happy lives. Junk food is not a must, its an indulgence. Sugar is like crack and our bodies don't need it. Its a drug. Just a legalized one.

Just wait till you hit 40 and your metabolism really slows down. I need to take off 10 lbs and am having the hardest time with motivation. One thing, though, I'm refusing to buy bigger clothes. My pants are tight, but I am not going to go up a size. To me, that's just acceptance and then I really won't lose weight. At least if my pants are tight, I'm uncomfortable all day and more likely to remember to drink water and forego the snacks. It's a constant reminder.

So I went to the urologist today for all my pre-lithotripsy stuff and discovered that I weigh 5 lbs more than I thought (DANG IT!) - I was really hoping that if my scale at home was wrong, it would be in the OTHER direction. ;) So that puts me at about 25 lbs overweight. :(

On top of that, I apparently have high blood pressure, which I have NEVER had before. I have had all my pregnancies without high blood pressure and everything. I've actually always had pretty low blood pressure, even when pregnant, so I'm like :001_huh: about the whole thing.

I'm just sort of at a loss. I don't know what to do to fix this. I get that I need to exercise but I don't know when to do it, or what to do. It's insanely hot right now so I can't really do anything outside, plus the kids are young and I'd have them with me. I hate exercise videos, but I guess I just need to figure something out. I don't know when to do them... I get up and immediately get into the shower (well, I usually get Pink some breakfast first - the boys eat before I get up) and then just start with my day - and this is summer. We start school in two weeks and then I really don't know when I'll have time. I don't want to do it later in the day, after I've had a shower, and just end up feeling like I need to shower again.

And the food thing is totally throwing me off. I eat pretty well. So I just don't get it. I'm totally frustrated and upset by the fact that no matter what I do, I just can't stick to losing weight because it means either being hungry or not eating food that tastes good or sitting here unable to eat anything while everyone else does.

I started doing fitnesspal again but it gets so annoying. I make a LOT of different stuff and I was getting really sick of having to go in every single day and add a new recipe and figure out just how many servings it is, etc, etc. When I was doing it, I noticed that I don't regularly consume a massive amount of calories in a day. It set my goal at like 1420, and while I did go over several times, it wasn't by more than 200-300, and I still ended up losing 5 lbs only to gain back that PLUS 5 more in the next two weeks.

It just sucks. DH eats Totino's pizzas and Chef boyardee (and occasionally ramen) for lunch, cinnamon raisin bread with butter for breakfast, normal dinner, and salt and vinegar chips for a snack after the kids go to bed and weighs 155. I weigh more than my husband and eat 90 cal granola bars for breakfast, salads or leftovers (usually either stir fry or whole grain pasta with veggies and some chicken) for lunch, normal dinner, and tortilla chips with some dip after the kids go to bed. I know how I eat isn't perfect, but it isn't bad.

I'm just really down right now. :confused: And totally at a loss for what to do. I feel like I've been fighting an uphill battle with my weight since last October (when I suddenly went from weighing 160 - still wanted to lose weight then - to 170 in a matter of about a week or two) and I'm losing.

:( :crying:

Why don't you join a gym that offers classes and daycare? You really need to get a hard sweat on and not just to burn calories but to lift your spirits and lower your BP.

I like exercising and the effects is has on my body so it really isn't hard to stay motivated. Eating well is not as exciting so that is definitely trickier.

Stay focused on what you want. That will help you through the times when you want to not exercise or eat something that won't help you to your goals. For now it might be enough to think only of lowering your BP, then you can fret about weight later.

One thing, though, I'm refusing to buy bigger clothes. My pants are tight, but I am not going to go up a size. To me, that's just acceptance and then I really won't lose weight. At least if my pants are tight, I'm uncomfortable all day and more likely to remember to drink water and forego the snacks. It's a constant reminder.

I have to say this is a biggie for me. A problem I have is that I gain weight evenly all over, so I can gain 10 lbs. and still fit in the same pants - especially if they're jeans with some spandex. :glare:

Anyway, my pants finally got too tight for me to be in denial. I will not buy bigger pants, so I've got to lose weight or else. I've been back on Phase 1 South Beach for a week now (lost about 3 lbs. so far - need to lose about 10 more). Cutting back on carbs and sugar really works for me like nothing else. I lost 30 lbs. the first time I did this - I'm trying to get down to there (although another 5 lbs. would have me really looking great). I need to do the more extreme Phase 1 for a couple of weeks to jump start as it is what stops the cravings.

Diet really does work the best for me - I also need to do more exercise, but it's the food, not the exercise that spurs weight loss for me. The exercise is for my overall health.

I was motivated by my upcoming birthday (December), when I hit 40. I was determined I would not hit forty still fat. I weighed 212 pounds at 5'7", so yes, I was fat.

I did kickstart my diet with hcg. Sticking to a very low calorie diet was hard, but I followed the plan to the letter. I did two rounds for a total loss of 27 pounds, then decided I would do the rest on my own.

I then switched to low carb. My energy went up, my skin got better, I slept better, etc. I tried adding in some whole grains and beans lately, and still feel really good. I've lost another 15 pounds on my own so far. We're very focused on whole and healthy foods these days, and I am happy to see my own gains in health affecting the whole family.

I started exercising eventually too. I set a goal of training for an athletic event that is in September. So after I roll out of bed every morning, and feed the animals, I hit the treadmill, then weight train. Then I shower. I do this 4 days a week. Truthfully, while losing weight was the original motivation for the exercise, the feeling I get after exercise now is the motivation. If I am grumpy, or stressed, exercise helps relieve that. We also go for a family evening stroll most days.

Of course, the weight loss itself is very motivating! The fact that I now have the energy to play with my kids is motivating! I feel stronger, and better about myself, plus my blood pressure, blood sugar, etc. are all in very good shape.

Once you get going, it isn't that hard. I would suggest something like Weight Watchers for the eating side of things, since it is a very flexible program. Then for exercise, there has got to be some video you would like! Try kickboxing, or dancing your way fit. Get a few and switch them up on a regular basis. Walk with the kids. Ride a bike. Do a few push-ups here and there. You can also "sneak" exercise in during the day in little 10 minute segments.

Silly, but I bought a little black dress I wanted to fit in to and hung it on a wall hook in my room. It worked, now I am searching for a knee length pencil skirt.:tongue_smilie:

I have found that I lose weight/inches faster when I eat more sea food. I also do a lot of Chicken breast and green veggies. I started jogging again, which I loved doing as a teen. It can be tough to get started, but once you get going, you feel great.

You can do it, just don't beat yourself up, and expect change to happen slowly.

Danielle

I hate needing to lose weight. It is far worse now that I am in my 30's. I need to lose 5-7 pounds and I have been saying this for a year.

The only thing that does it for me is going without grains and trying to do some lower carb days. I hate eating that way but it's the only thing that kicks my body in to weight loss. Maintaining is so easy for me, it's just the losing part.

Why don't you join a gym that offers classes and daycare? You really need to get a hard sweat on and not just to burn calories but to lift your spirits and lower your BP.

I like exercising and the effects is has on my body so it really isn't hard to stay motivated. Eating well is not as exciting so that is definitely trickier.

Stay focused on what you want. That will help you through the times when you want to not exercise or eat something that won't help you to your goals. For now it might be enough to think only of lowering your BP, then you can fret about weight later.

I would like to join the Y (the only gym we have available here), but unfortunately they just want too much $$. It's disappointing, because I really did enjoy it there when we were members in the past.

I think I would like to bike, I just need to buy one. Actually, it's something that DH and I have always kind of thought about - we did have a bike for me but it was stolen when we were away a couple of years ago. Then we got a bike for him, but it needs new something (I can't remember what - he knows :lol: ) and of course now I don't have one. Anyway, we thought it would be nice to all have bikes and be able to go riding on the trail here. We just need to get it together and do what we need to do to get that done. :)

Regarding the food, I did do weight watchers when Pink was a baby and lost 12 lbs in the first 2 weeks, nothing for the rest of the 3 months (free trial lol). I just didn't feel like it was worth it at that point to pay the monthly fee when nothing was happening. The weight that I lost I kept off (until my recent sudden weight gain in October, so that was still 2 years). The only other thing that worked was when I ate vegan for 21 days (Daniel fast) about a year and a half ago. I lost 10 lbs then and felt awesome. Kept that off, too, for about 6 weeks. :tongue_smilie: Then went back to my previous weight.

I guess right now I just need to start small. Baby steps, right? :D I think every time I try a huge overhaul I end up burnt out and tired of it after just a week or two.

I would like to join the Y (the only gym we have available here), but unfortunately they just want too much $$. It's disappointing, because I really did enjoy it there when we were members in the past.

I think I would like to bike, I just need to buy one. Actually, it's something that DH and I have always kind of thought about - we did have a bike for me but it was stolen when we were away a couple of years ago. Then we got a bike for him, but it needs new something (I can't remember what - he knows :lol: ) and of course now I don't have one. Anyway, we thought it would be nice to all have bikes and be able to go riding on the trail here. We just need to get it together and do what we need to do to get that done. :)

Regarding the food, I did do weight watchers when Pink was a baby and lost 12 lbs in the first 2 weeks, nothing for the rest of the 3 months (free trial lol). I just didn't feel like it was worth it at that point to pay the monthly fee when nothing was happening. The weight that I lost I kept off (until my recent sudden weight gain in October, so that was still 2 years). The only other thing that worked was when I ate vegan for 21 days (Daniel fast) about a year and a half ago. I lost 10 lbs then and felt awesome. Kept that off, too, for about 6 weeks. :tongue_smilie: Then went back to my previous weight.

I guess right now I just need to start small. Baby steps, right? :D I think every time I try a huge overhaul I end up burnt out and tired of it after just a week or two.

Food is more complicated but not because food is complicated but because it means so much more to us than sustenance. I remember a man posting in a Beachbody coach group about his weight loss success. He said that the smallest changes that he made counted the most. So, yes, baby steps.

Over time you body and mind adjust. I know I have. For whatever reason, I can no longer eat a majority of junk or heavy food (still like potato chips though :tongue_smilie: ). Also the knowledge that I just worked out really hard I will want food that will help me get the most out of my effort rather than set me back. Not always but mostly. I turn to convenience food when I am desperate for food but not out of some hunger or emotional reflex. Those changes took time to develop and they did so without me planning on it. I swear, I just wanted to look cute in Athleta clothes. I didn't think any deeper than that.

Kara, I noticed you said a couple times that the weight gain was sudden in October. Did something happen then to precipitate this? Perhaps you should be evaluated by an MD? Sudden weight gain can be a sign of several medical problems.

My weight gain has been slow but steady over the last 2 years. I know it's related to weaning.

*portion out grapes, pretzels, almonds, etc and I write the calories and carbs on the bags.

*zucchini cakes

*baked zucchini fries

*cauliflower crust pizza

Sugar is like crack and our bodies don't need it. Its a drug. Just a legalized one.

I am highlighting these suggestions for my own memory. ;)

Kara, I noticed you said a couple times that the weight gain was sudden in October. Did something happen then to precipitate this? Perhaps you should be evaluated by an MD? Sudden weight gain can be a sign of several medical problems.

I probably should see a doctor. I'm also thinking that, for right now, yes, I can concentrate on trying to eat a little better, but I need to try to get my body functioning normally first (I'm a kidney stone factory and have had them off and on - nothing that some painkillers couldn't handle - for 8.5-9 years. I did finally, in April, end up with a stone too large to pass, so lithotripsy is scheduled for next Wednesday) and then maybe follow up with a local MD to talk to them about the weight gain. I am also not sure if my BP has been affected by the kidney stuff I've had going on (first high BP reading was 3 days before I went to the ER in April, before I realized I had the stone).

:iagree: Welcome to the club! :lol:

No advice on losing weight except low carb works for me.

Me too. I cut out all grains, potatoes, other starches and sugars, and the weight's coming off. ETA: this does not need to be forever, but when I reach my goal I will have to be very careful with the amount of starches and sugars that I consume. I can't go back to eating the way I used to (no one can, with any diet).

I find it very motivating once I get going to see the results.

:iagree:

But 80% of weight loss is about food intake, and only 20% is exercise.

Agree again. Food got me into this, and food is getting me out of it.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but you're welcome to join us at The Weight Loss Challenge social group.

Edited by gardening momma

Any chance you could work in the Y daycare a few hours a month? My sister does this so the family membership is much cheaper. I believe she just brings her kids along on the days she works too.:D