Menu

Help me find a reading program like this...

Sctigermom

I went to a parent meeting for a cottage school tonight. While I knew immediately the school was not for us I did gleam a few ideas from them. One of the things was that they don't teach reading per se. They have these little cards and start in kindy with teaching the phonemes and spelling. The curriculum is made special for them, but they let us see it. So from what I gather they start with the letter a and teach how to say it every sounds it makes (long short ect) and how to write it. They say it takes until the end of 1 st grade to complete. Like I said they don't teach reading and the first things the kids read are letters and stories they write themselves. I really think something like this would help my 6 yr old. Anyone know of a phonics curriculum like this?

Spell to Write and Read, Writing Road to Reading, Logic of English, All About Spelling. This is the way I taught my dd to read. I used Spell to Write and Read with her. I have just ordered Logic of English to use with my ds.

Sandy

Thank you going to check these out!

Spell to Write and Read, Writing Road to Reading, Logic of English, All About Spelling. This is the way I taught my dd to read. I used Spell to Write and Read with her. I have just ordered Logic of English to use with my ds.

Sandy

Ditto what she said. There's another curriculum, can't remember the name, but same idea. So it's definitely not original to that school or something impossible to do at home. And yes, it's the way I taught my dd to read. Worked out very well.