Menu

High School Lit

I've been using the Smarr Publishing Chronological Literature Courses and apparently it's no longer being published. I don't have the last two years so I may have to come up with some other way to do literature. I'm not interested in Tapestry of Grace, what else can you suggest that will dovetail with the chronological four year history we do?

Have you looked at Sonlight or Omnibus? You could pick and choose.

I used Sonlight 300 and supplemented with Cliffs Notes and Spark Notes.

We also used Omnibus for 2 years. I can't comment on the high school Omni courses, b/c they weren't published when we used Omni (we used Omni 1 and 2), but I thought it was pretty solid. Sonlight was a bit disappointing.

You could buy the binder with all 5 years from Excellence in Literature and choose the units you want to complete each year. Each unit takes 4 weeks to complete. My ds son loves this curriculum and so do I. I especially love that it can be as independent or hands-on as you want to make it!

Smarr is being published. The author changed the delivery method to Moodle, but you can save and print the material just as you have done in the past. No need to find something new if you like Smarr. All of the chronological courses are up on the website.

I've been using the Smarr Publishing Chronological Literature Courses and apparently it's no longer being published. I don't have the last two years so I may have to come up with some other way to do literature. I'm not interested in Tapestry of Grace, what else can you suggest that will dovetail with the chronological four year history we do?

How about Excellence in Literature by Janice Campbell. There are several books that cover a pretty wide swath of books and stories. The books are written so that each chapter is a work, but you can skip around from chapter to chapter as they are each self contained. Or if you were doing a focus on US history, you might just do the books in the American lit book.

There is a list of works covered in the curriculum here.