Menu

Need to find detailed information on Illinois state bills--HOW? Pls help dd

My daughter will be starting an internship with a state representative in a few days. I would like her to familiarize herself with his voting record and bills he has or is sponsoring. All we can find is the full text of the bills--she just doesn't have time to wade through all that.

Is there an easy way to find detailed summaries?

Does he have a wiki or his own website? Their personal website or past couple newsletters will have info about anything the member is proud of and wants known. If there is anything else they want her to know they will tell her.

When I was a state assembly intern there was no expectation we know the voting record inside and out. A general familiarity with our 'member' and what party s/he was in was enough. It's not like the interns have any input into how the votes go. Tell her to have fun watching legislative sausage get made.

Does he have a wiki or his own website? Their personal website or past couple newsletters will have info about anything the member is proud of and wants known. If there is anything else they want her to know they will tell her.

When I was a state assembly intern there was no expectation we know the voting record inside and out. A general familiarity with our 'member' and what party s/he was in was enough. It's not like the interns have any input into how the votes go. Tell her to have fun watching legislative sausage get made.

That's a relief, though we are still going to try to give her a more thorough understanding of his record.