Menu

Toys R Us has Crayola Buy 1, get 2 free!

DawnL

They have this every year and apparently this is the week. The sale is for markers, crayons, and construction paper. It's a bummer they never seem to include colored pencils, but it's still an awesome deal. I think I will go tomorrow and stock up on giant marker packs.

They have this every year and apparently this is the week. The sale is for markers, crayons, and construction paper. It's a bummer they never seem to include colored pencils, but it's still an awesome deal. I think I will go tomorrow and stock up on giant marker packs.

Crayola pencils are at Wal-Mart for .97. That's about the cheapest I have seen them.

I was just at Toysrus to buy markers and the power went out. There was a little back up lighting and eventually they could run one cash register on the generator power. I was really debating whether the sale was worth it, but I have never found washable markers at a good price anywhere else.

The colored pencils looked like they were on sale yesterday when I stopped in TRU. I decided not to get any, because I want to try the erasable colored pencils for my kids' workbook exercises, and they didn't have those. We have Prismacolor pencils for artwork, so I want something a little cheaper and more practical for school work.

So, how much do they end up being per box? Is it a better deal than Walmart?

Sandy

The prices are regular retail for Toys R Us, so buy 1, get 2 makes them a third of the price. I think it's a good deal. I am not sure about Walmart's prices, but it might be similar to a good Walmart sale. I think the prices with this sale should be lower than the regular Walmart prices, but, again, I do not know their prices very well, since I rarely shop there.

In my area, the products I bought were $4.99 or $5.99. So, each product was either $1.66 or $2.00 each. I mostly bought Twistables and Pipsqueak items, so a great deal, as they are never cheap at Wal-Mart. Someone posted a coupon, so even better, if you use that.

Sandy

Sandy

Crayola pencils are not included in this deal. I bought some, returned bc my bill wa off, and was told the sale only included crayons, markers, and paper.

I did buy 3 boxes of crayons for 1.29, which made each box of 24 crayons around 50 cents.

Are dry erase crayons included?

Is there a limit to the number of items you can buy under this deal?

I believe the dry erase crayons are included and there's no limit that I have seen.

And unfortunately the pencils are not included :(

I've found that Toys R Us prices are typically more than the prices at Walmart. However, with this deal, the cost per item is much less than at Walmart.

I know if you get a 24 pack of crayons, it's just as good to get it during back to school sales at Walmart or Target, because the 24 pack is the one size that's always on sale. But any other size, such as 48, 64, or more crayons, this Toys R Us sale is a good sale.

Also, the Washable markers never seem to be included in the back to school sales. It's always just the 10 pack of the non-washable markers and I've never seen the Pip Squeaks markers on sale, either. So for anything other than the non-washable 10 pack of Crayola markers, this Toys R Us sale is a good one.

The sale ends today, Saturday, 7/14. If they follow past years, this upcoming week should see the Crayola buy 1 get 1 free. Still a good deal, but not as awesome as getting 2 free, of course.

I hope everyone is enjoying the back to school sales!