Menu

Nervous about adding in another child this Fall!

parias1126

I have homeschooled now for 11 years and have already graduated one. You would think I wouldn't be nervous, but I am! How did you deal with it of you had to add a third child? I've always homeschooled one or two. My middle two have always been easy because they are pretty much in the same place skill wise. I've been trying to come up with easy ways to add in a K'r this year, but in still nervous. I dont think I want to go all out with him. Maybe just some handwriting, phonics, and math mostly with manipulatives. My older two will be doing HOD which will be new for us so maybe that's why I'm so nervous.

Well, I am adding in a 5th child this year. He will do Phonics Pathways (10-15min/day), Miquon (just playing with the c-rods to begin, then starting orange), and copy work. He will sit in on SOTW and BFSU, but I will not require too much. I expect to spend 60 minutes or so with him one-on-one, augmented with puzzles, coloring, etc.

I have been teaching three, this year adding in a 4th (but she's only in Pre-K). Each time I've added one I've tried to find something I could do to make the others more independent. Whether it was switching to something less teacher intensive for a certain subject or writing out weekly lists so that everyone knew what had to be done and could go do it while I worked with someone else. This year I am just having to accept that our school day is probably going to have to get longer!