Menu

Does this look good for 9th grade?

Just wondering if this looks pretty well rounded for my soon to be 9th grader. I just want to add that he is by NO means an academically driven young man. He's very much a hands on-fix things kinda boy (he gets that from his dad :001_smile:). He does really enjoy reading, though. His spelling is atrocious, as well as his writing skills (he gets that from his dad, too). :001_smile:

He's going to finish up BP Ancients for History/bible/literature (gonna have him go more in depth, and have him work on a few really good writing assignments to go with it.) We will start on World History whenever he finishes that.

R&S English or BJU- I'm actually leaning towards R&S even though ds really, really dislikes R&S.

Spelling workout, along with AAS a couple days a week

WWS???

Saxon Algebra I

Apologia Biology

Spanish I- I think I'll have him do Live Mocha online

Electives: A drawing course (1/2 credit; 1st semester), Health; I'm thinking A Beka's (1/2 credit 2nd semester), Home repair & maintance; dad is going to teach him basic things in home repair around the house throughout the year (1/2 credit; 1st semester) & Life Skills; I'll have him help me with things like menus, shopping, prepping meals, laundry, etc. As well as, dad will teach him basic car repair and maintance. (1/2 credit; 2nd semester).

So, what do you think? Am I missing anything? TIA!!

I think it looks good, but realize we're heading into 9th too.

I would probably add something to Live Mocha. Does it include grammar instruction? I think Live Mocha would be good for the listening and speaking portion, but I'd add something for grammar.

WWS would be good if he needs writing instruction. We'll be finishing up level 1 and moving into level 2 next year.

I would outline the four years of high school to ensure you're going to have a good balance of core and elective classes each year. It looks that way from what I see.

I think it looks good, but realize we're heading into 9th too.

I would probably add something to Live Mocha. Does it include grammar instruction? I think Live Mocha would be good for the listening and speaking portion, but I'd add something for grammar.

WWS would be good if he needs writing instruction. We'll be finishing up level 1 and moving into level 2 next year.

I would outline the four years of high school to ensure you're going to have a good balance of core and elective classes each year. It looks that way from what I see.

Thanks a bunch for your input! I did outline his four year plan. He'll be doing about 7-8 credits a year. About 5 whole credits and and about 3-4 electives a year (just depending on if they are half or whole whole credit). Then starting in 11th he will take cc courses for dual enrollment.

I will see what else I can get to add to Live Mocha for the spanish grammar. Thanks!!