Menu

Attention Stargazers!! - Celestial event in July and August

KristenR

My husband just posted an article about the upcoming astronomical conjunctions that will be occurring in July and August.

If you are studying astronomy --or just want a fun reason to get out and look up-- you might want to check this out. It'll be great for naked eye or binocular viewing.

Clear skies everyone!!

Thanks! I love this stuff.

I had read somewhere about Venus and Jupiter lined up in the wee hours, but didn't get out to see it til this morning, when we were going to the airport at 4 am. It was beautiful and helped all of our grumpy moods.

Thank you! and: how relevant is one's time zone?

I just asked my husband and this is what he said:

Timezones will not matter. As long as you can see fairly close to the horizon in the east and west, you should be able to see these conjunctions. Since these involve the planets and the Moon, they reside along the ecliptic plane and will be viewable anywhere a sunrise or sunset is visible.

I just asked my husband and this is what he said:

Timezones will not matter. As long as you can see fairly close to the horizon in the east and west, you should be able to see these conjunctions. Since these involve the planets and the Moon, they reside along the ecliptic plane and will be viewable anywhere a sunrise or sunset is visible.

Thanks again! :001_smile:

Thank you! We were just given a telescope so my oldest is extra-excited about astronomy.

Howard is planning some fun astronomy related posts. Hopefully it will give you some ideas for your new scope!