Menu

Awesome FREE audiobook resource!

d.g.

Ok, so this site isn't new. It's been around a while and linked here several times, but I thought it needed to be repeated while everyone is hip-deep in planning (or is that just me?)

Lit2Go

This site is FULL of great audio recordings of classics, everything from Beatrix Potter to William Shakespeare. There are a lot of authors/writers I haven't heard of, or haven't had a chance to read before.

I'm burning The Wonderful Wizard of Oz to disk right now, have Peter Pan already done, and will be doing The Secret Garden and A Little Princess next. That's not even counting what I have loaded onto my little cheapy mp3 player!

If you need free audiobooks for your lit this year, or even if you just want a break from reading aloud yourself, check this site out!!

Thanks, I hadn't seen that site before!

I also want to re-post a suggestion that I found on the boards: be sure to check out your local library for audiobooks and also for audio and video lectures from The Teaching Company. I never considered looking for the courses there, and was thrilled to discover that our library system has nearly all of the The Great Courses available! I will be treating myself to some of them on audio to listen to while I do laundry, clean the house, etc.

Ok, so this site isn't new. It's been around a while and linked here several times, but I thought it needed to be repeated while everyone is hip-deep in planning (or is that just me?)

Lit2Go

This site is FULL of great audio recordings of classics, everything from Beatrix Potter to William Shakespeare. There are a lot of authors/writers I haven't heard of, or haven't had a chance to read before.

I'm burning The Wonderful Wizard of Oz to disk right now, have Peter Pan already done, and will be doing The Secret Garden and A Little Princess next. That's not even counting what I have loaded onto my little cheapy mp3 player!

If you need free audiobooks for your lit this year, or even if you just want a break from reading aloud yourself, check this site out!!

Thanks for the link! I am now listening to Little Women now.

Are the recordings there like librivox (volunteers)? Just curious. Thanks for the link!

I don't think they're volunteers, though I could be wrong. I've listened to quite a few different stories and poems from Lit2Go. The readers were different, but the recordings were all very high quality. The reader who did Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is particularly nice. :001_smile:

Wow! Thanks for finding this and posting it. I just downloaded Little Women and it sounds great--I liked it much better than the Librivox recordings.

I also explored the website a little bit. I clicked on the link on the bottom of the page "Education Technology Clearinghouse" and it lead me to what I think is their homepage. There is ClipArt ETC and MapsETC. What a great resource that is FREE! I make my own notebook pages for our music and art and the most time consuming part is just finding the right picture. This will make it so easy and quick.

Overall a great resource!