Menu

Phonics Road vs. Spalding (WRTR) Phonograms & Marking Systems

No, PR is a Spalding program. It implements the WRTR almost entirely as written.

:iagree:but I think I saw one tiny difference and that is, in PR, the silent final e is crossed out (Spalding does a double underline). There may be more little differences, but, overall, they are insignificant. I read a post yesterday that said the word list is almost identical.

No, PR is a Spalding program. It implements the WRTR almost entirely as written.

Thre is only one Spalding. Its manual is WRTR. :-)

Mrs. Beers began as a Spalding teacher (not certified, but she did Spalding with her children). There's along story on how she came to write PR. At any rate, PR is a Spalding spin-off, or a Spalding look-alike, but it isn't a "Spalding program."

I just figure it's best to stick with the original: Spalding. :D

Thank you all for the help!

I've been reading through The WRTR, but I love the idea of a complete LA program (so I am tempted by PR). My first child, DS (almost 6) will start Kindy this fall. This would be our first year homeschooling (if I go through with it :tongue_smilie:). LOL.

I'm loving all the help on this forum! Thank you again!