Menu

Son tearing apart electronics

That's pretty cool! I have no idea about resources to help him. I'd need to go sit in another room, but that's a different story.

My dh's neighbour was an engineer and did stuff like this even as an adult. His favourite story was when dh's mom's stove stopped working and the neighbour went home to take apart his own stove (the exact same kind), then came over and fixed the stove. The neighbour's wife was not impressed that her stove didn't get put back together again quite so quickly! :lol:

My brother did that! He's now an electrical engineer. :D He didn't have any guides and sometimes he would put something back together that was broken and it would work again! And creativity was not something he was into so he always had a pile of junk on a table in his bedroom. And there was the day when he took apart my headphones when they were NOT broken. I was soooooooo mad! LOL!

My son did that from a pretty young age! We gave him broken electronics, and he bought stuff from garage sales. He checked out stacks of library books on electronics, computers, etc., and by age 15 had a part time job doing computer tech support. Now he is in the Army doing radio communications. He can build computers and program them, but can't do computer programming in the Army because he is color blind.

If you are interested in computer programming for kids, I know there is a program written by homeschooling dads, but I don't know about anything specifically for electronics.