Menu

Is it OK for me to be happy that my husband is going to prison?

Dh just got a certified letter in the mail today stating that he has to report to prison Monday morning...........................................................................................................................................................................................................for his JOB recall:D

Dh has worked in the prison system for several years and was laid off last June. While not ideal to be without a job, the timing was good as we had our house bought out by MDOT to clear the way for a highway and we had to find a new one, redo much of the inside, clear land, build a barn, etc.

He has been actively seeking work since then but in West Michigan the unemployment rate in the county he works in has been running 22% but might be down some now.

He has to report on Monday and then will get his exact assignment. He has previously taught automotive repair classes to inmates as well as was the program coordinator for their recreation time. His start date might not be for a few weeks or as late as September but it is a JOB!!!!!!

:D ROFL - very clever! Congrats to him and you!

When he first got a job at the prison my mom had a LOT of fun with it. There was a person that always seemed to want the latest "news" (aka gossip) and she made sure they overheard he say that "he has to report to prison on Monday" without mentioning the "for a job" part. It was really kinda funny.

My mother volunteers with a ministry for women in prison who have children (where they do activities to bring the kids in, collect items the families need, and provide support groups for these moms), and my father LOVES telling people who call when mom is doing one of her trips there (the group she's with goes up for several days at a time and stay in housing at a church camp in the area) that she's gone to prison :).

You can't do that!!! I read the title like 25 times and was almost afraid to open the thread!! :svengo:

Congrats btw!!

:lol:

Her thread title stirred up my concerns over internet correspondance with people I don't know irl. And Ottakee seemed like such a nice lady...:lol:

I'm so glad all is well and that it's perfectly fine for her to be happy that her husband is going back to jail!

What does he do?

We don't even know what level of security this prison will be yet. Dh worked there a few years ago and then the state closed it and he was transferred to another prison across the road. Then they downsized that and he was laid off. Now they are re-opening the prison as they found out that they need a place for the prisoners to go.

He started off teaching automotive repair to students and really enjoyed that. He had the highest success rate in the Michigan prison system of inmates that could pass the automotive tests.

Now he most likely will at least start out at program coordinator---setting up all recreational activities for inmates. It keeps them busy and is used as a rewards system which helps keep better control of the inmates.

Dh is very good at working with the tough, the down and out, the special needs (mentally ill and mentally impaired, etc) and is a big guy. He is 1/2 Indian and no one wants to mess with him which is good :-)