Menu

A bit late on the Downton Abby bandwagon

No, don't! I was behind and then I read an email from PBS and found out way too much. Three important tidbits that I was very disappointed to know in advance.

And I already knew Mr Pamuk died in Mary's bed before I started any of the episodes!

No, you really need to wait and watch it! It's that good. :)

If you're desperate, Amazon has the UK version of season 2... instant video of the whole season for $15. :D (I've heard the UK version is more extended than the US version...) Yes, I'm helpful, you can thank me later...

No, you really need to wait and watch it! It's that good. :)

If you're desperate, Amazon has the UK version of season 2... instant video of the whole season for $15. :D (I've heard the UK version is more extended than the US version...) Yes, I'm helpful, you can thank me later...

Extended? *perks up ears* Did you really say extended?! Now I want to see the UK version!

Extended? *perks up ears* Did you really say extended?! Now I want to see the UK version!

I did!! I haven't seen it, but apparently there are more scenes, and on a review I read where someone had seen both, they said it made more sense watching the UK version, because in the US version, there were a couple of storylines that seemed rushed or like they had a missing link.

Hmm. I may have just talked myself into getting the UK version to watch while I wait for season 3. Well, that backfired. :lol:

however, I just finished season 1. That's all Netflix has. :glare:

Dieing to see season 2.

Someone just tells me what happens!

We have season 2, disk 2 from Netflix right now! Look again!

Oh, you mean streaming? Yes it is rather bad. I think you can pay to stream it from Amazon. But it's not included with Prime.

Ah, I didn't see that it was on disc. Although I'm so tempted now to get the UK version.

BTW, I have an unbelievable crush on Lord Grantham.

My dh walked in at one point while I was watching and he said, "Oh look, it's Mrs. McGonagall."

Edited by Kleine Hexe

too bad you can't "rent a DVD or two" from Netflix once in a while, just for something like this. I just changed my plan to only streaming and I am sure I will be disappointed at times with this very issue. I wonder why one season would be available, but not the rest? How totally frustrating!!!

however, I just finished season 1. That's all Netflix has. :glare:

Dieing to see season 2.

Someone just tells me what happens!

I'm scared to read any replies because I don't want spoilers :tongue_smilie:, but I just looked on my library website and they have Season 2, so maybe yours does too?

We've just started watching as well, thanks to this board! We only have streaming Netflix, so thanks for the heads up that I'll need to reserve Season 2!

Netflix will stream as soon as they get the rights. It is not their decision to make. They would love to stream it for you, I am sure.

We streamed season 2 at PBS, but that went away a long time ago. That was also how I saw Sherlock season 2.

edited to add: Itunes also has season 2 in the uncut versions.

Edited by redsquirrel

Oh My Gosh!!! I am waiting for my season 2 discs from Netflix too LOL

On another subject does anybody else LOVE Upstairs Downstairs like I do ????

I liked the one season of the newer one that aired on Masterpiece last year, but I don't care for the original.

My dd has been watching this and I finally have time to watch. So, I bought season one at Costco and am totally enjoying it. Yesterday I saw that Costco also has season two. It's a bit more expensive than season one, but if you REALLY want to see it NOW, I think it was around $22 for season 2. I'm seriously considering splurging and buying it the next time I'm there.