Menu

Corned Beef Revisited... (If you read my previous corned beef post a few days ago)

A few days ago, I asked how to cook corned beef, and got some great responses. Well, I thawed the corned beef in the refrigerator, and took it out this morning to put it into the crock pot. Well, it turns out that it's not a solid hunk of corned beef, but it's been presliced, like for reuben sandwiches. We can NOT eat 5 lbs. of corned beef in reubens--EK doesn't even like reubens--so can I just pretend it's a whole corned beef roast (I guess that's what you'd call it) and cook it with the cabbage and carrots and potatoes anyway??? Thanks!

I have a hard time believing they sliced it BEFORE cooking, are you sure it isn't already cooked? It can still be juicy and red and still be cooked.

Oh, it's cooked... but until I thawed it, I didn't realize that. The package just says "Corned Beef" and it was frozen solid. I didn't know I was dealing with cooked and sliced corned beef. I have 3 or 4 more packages of this stuff, and while I love reuben sandwiches, not everyone in my family does. So I want to know if it will be good if I recook it with the vegetables.

Edited by ereks mom