Menu

Debra Bell's new planner for moms and teens/students

I recently saw this, and I think I might like it better than WPD too! Too bad I already dropped $50 on WPD for me and the kids this year :glare:

Just checked: WPD has subjects down the left (6 rows, with a 1/2 row at the bottom), and days of the week across the top. Each resulting grid square has 4 lines. I like that the Debra Bell planner (UHP) has blank headers for the columns and rows, and has 5 lines in each. That might give more flexibility in planning, resulting in slightly more space than the WPD.

I can't believe I would turn my back on the planner I have raved about for 4 years now, but in all honesty I don't use the home-making features in WPD. I appreciate the space in the UHP for school goals and reflections; love that I am reminded to check against those goals monthly. I am Eastern Orthodox, and though the Catechism and reformed quotes in the WPD don't necessarily bother me, I find the focus of the UHP to be deeper and more workable for our spiritual goals for the children.

Edited by happygrrl

I have a question...are these really worth the $? I'm asking because we've made it all these years with no planners so the thought of plunking down this kind of $ for something we've never used/needed is daunting. At the same time, I'm a "bandwagon" kind of gal so if others are purchasing/using something I typically go right along and quite happily, too. Until I realize that a startling amount of purchases sit on my shelves unused. :glare:

I use syllabi with my dc and lesson plans (such as with MFW). Do these planners really add to your homeschooling or are they just fun to have and fill out? :tongue_smilie:

I'm rather hoping someone will tell me I don't need these for me or for my dc before I click "Order".

I just found this one for my dds for high school in the fall, because while I want to plan the work they do, I want them to plan the implementation. This one seems really good, not too cluttered, but plenty of room to write things in. While I am Christian, I don't and my dds don't want or need "inspirational" quotes in a planner. ;)

I have a question...are these really worth the $? I'm asking because we've made it all these years with no planners so the thought of plunking down this kind of $ for something we've never used/needed is daunting. At the same time, I'm a "bandwagon" kind of gal so if others are purchasing/using something I typically go right along and quite happily, too. Until I realize that a startling amount of purchases sit on my shelves unused. :glare:

I use syllabi with my dc and lesson plans (such as with MFW). Do these planners really add to your homeschooling or are they just fun to have and fill out? :tongue_smilie:

I'm rather hoping someone will tell me I don't need these for me or for my dc before I click "Order".

I use Word to make a custom homeschool planner and checklist for my children. However, I did buy an inexpensive student planner for the first time for my 8th grade daughter at Target today. It is cute and customizable for photos. I want her to keep track of "homework" - sometimes she gets behind or needs to catch up in reading after our schoolday is over.

Here is a photo - it was with all the calendars and planners. We liked it bc you can customize the cover with a back to school photo.

http://www.amazon.com/July-2012-Weekly-monthly-Planner/dp/B007TNPOAW/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

I have a question...are these really worth the $? I'm asking because we've made it all these years with no planners so the thought of plunking down this kind of $ for something we've never used/needed is daunting.

I have the same question. All these planners look so lovely and I always think "this is the ONE that will make me organized!" LOL.

I've been doing OK with spiral notebooks and Donna Young forms. My problem with them is that they are not particularly attractive, and I like nice-looking office supplies. We don't have a color printer, so I can't pretty things up myself. ;)

I am checking these out! Thanks!

I have my doubts about planners; especially expensive ones. Go to your local Office supply store during August and you'll find lots of planners for much less.

BUT I really like digital planning better and even beyond that having a plan in your head for how to organize, but, hey I've been "studying" productivity right now so maybe I've turned into bit of geek about it.