Menu

Bang head, bang head, bang head.. why won't it just all fit????

I've been busy for the past two weeks trying to make everything fit into our home. I've rearranged, reorganized, purged, decluttered, pick your word and insert here!

I'm back to the original set up... kind of. I have the great room of our home set up for our school room and place to eat. I have a small front room with a big couch and over stuffed chair and our big t.v. set up. I had to break up our bookcases in that room and now have three small ones for the kids books in the great room, two big ones for homeschooling in the great room, and two big ones that I am looking for a place to put with the all of my books.

I have the other small front room set up for the play room and need to finish setting it up for crafts and sewing. My room is a disaster and I won't even go into the kitchen right now.

I don't see anything else I can get rid of, but I look around and I still feel like we are about to bust out of this house. It was so BIG when we bought it six kids ago when we were DINKs. (Double income no kids) I consolidated all of my books down to two bookshelves and the kids books down to three small ones. That's only keeping the good books and some readers.

My SIL gave us the big couch and chair and I took them because now everyone will have a place to sit. The kids love them. I also have my treadmill which I have to keep because it's the only exercise I really get in this heat. It folds up and I store it by the t.v. which works ok.

I know I'm just whining, but some days I get so discouraged. Every surface in this house is covered with books and papers and if I clean it up then I get in trouble, because someone had something there and now it's lost forever. :glare::001_huh: I did not throw it away just put it in a basket to corral all the papers.

Ok, I think I'm done. Back to trying to find some peace in this chaos!! :001_smile:

I feel your pain. I really do. I am paring down furniture and books and clutter as well and it never ends. I am even contemplating selling my beautiful tv cabinet for just a tv stand. It's just too big and we need this room to live.

Ugh. That's all I can say about it. Just ugh.

Ugh, I feel your pain. James Bond is in the military, of course, so we move all the freaking time and never know what our next house will be like. I am constantly getting rid of things and I still feel like we're crammed in. Our last apt was 1100sqft and our current one is 1400sqft, but because of the layout, I still feel squished. I've rearranged and rearranged and still it feels squished. Bah!

When James Bond is here, I swear every single surface we have is covered with...stuff, and heaven forbid I move it. Like you, I toss it in a basket, but you'd think I tossed it out the window. It's sad to say, but since JB has been in Afghanistan, we've had far less clutter.

:grouphug: I feel your pain. Similar to Mom In High Heels, we're constantly moving. I have furniture that is necessary to have in some places due to lack of cabinetry or closets, but we move to the next place with lots of built in space for our stuff, but I still need to keep the other and make use of it in some way because our next house will probably need it.

At all times, I feel like the walls are closing in on me. I declutter and purge on a regular basis, but never actually seem to get settled, or completely unpacked, with a home for everything. There are days that I literally do not want to get out of bed in the morning and have to deal with "junk". I dream of being a minimalist, but I live with three "collectors" of....junk.

It's so disheartening.