Menu

Better Binders are going on SALE on Sunday!

fourcatmom

I've never heard of these! I just watched the video on the site.

What do you love about these? :bigear:

They just hold up really well. They're easy to open and shut, too. And on a purely superficial note, they come in a nice variety of colors.

Thank you!!! I need two more, so this is perfect.

Where are you seeing the new ad?

I received an email with a sneak peak at next weeks ad. Second page, on the left side.

I have actually never used them but have heard people rave about them. I have been waiting for a good sale. I was hoping for at least 3 for each of my kids.

Edited by fourcatmom

One thing to note too, is that in the last 2 years, Staples has not put the 3" binders on sale, the largest sale binder is a 2", so those of us following the WTM 3" binder notebooking are out of luck. :(

They list 3 prices but I can't tell what sizes they are. The 1 inch binders normally run $8.49 so it's 2 for $10. They only have 1, 2 and 3 inch binders for these, right? The price point says 2/10, 2/12 and 2/14.

Edited by fourcatmom

They list 3 prices but I can't tell what sizes they are. The 1 inch binders normally run $8.49 so it's 2 for $10. They only have 1, 2 and 3 inch binders for these, right? The price point says 2/10, 2/12 and 2/14.

The sale is on 1", 1 1/2", and 2".

These look great - I had never heard of them before this. I noticed in the ad that they have old binder recycling too. So I'm guessing you could recycle an old binder and get $2 off this sale price. I'll have to ask them if they'll do that.

How horrible would it be to get the 2 inch ones? I know TWTM recommend 3 ...... does everyone find the 2 too small?

I find the 2" work for us in Math (MM & Miquon printed out), and for my planning binder, but for History, Science, and Language we need the 3" ones. If you put WWE, FLL work, and daily spelling in a Language binder, they fill up quick. We do a ton of notebooking in History and Science with pictures, drawings, mapwork and our projects so those take up a lot of room too. YMMV though.

Okay, right now the Avery 1" binders are on sale for $1.

I mean really, are the Better Binders really truly worth that much more money?

That's a good point. I have never used them but would like to hear from others as well. Even 4, 2" binders would be $30.

I received an email with a sneak peak at next weeks ad. Second page, on the left side.

http://weeklyad.staples.com/Staples/BrowseByPage?storeid=2278874&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=Staples-120708&listingid=0&sneakpeek=Y

I have actually never used them but have heard people rave about them. I have been waiting for a good sale. I was hoping for at least 3 for each of my kids.

Thanks! I printed a shopping list for DH for Monday. :)

YES!!! They are nearly indestructible whereas the Avery binders, in our experience, crack/split and end up in the trash. The Better Binders are also easier for my kids (and for me) to open and close. The colors are also gorgeous and make it easy to differentiate binders.

Something else I like about the BBs is that they don't open up and spill out the contents. :glare: For some reason, some of my cheaper 3-ring binders would do that on occasion (probably when the kids used them).

Buy one and try it. :001_smile:

I couldn't find anything about Staples recycling binders for cash/credit. Am I missing something?? I did a search and found their recycle page, but didn't see binders.

Brenda

ETA - Never mind. I just found it. In case anyone is interested:

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/120325/17303/index.html

Edited by brendag

I couldn't find anything about Staples recycling binders for cash/credit. Am I missing something?? I did a search and found their recycle page, but didn't see binders.

Brenda

ETA - Never mind. I just found it. In case anyone is interested:

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/products/120325/17303/index.html

Well that is cool. Perhaps worth the 45 minute trip to Staples.

I think they're worth it. They look better and last longer. They're just much higher quality than the Avery ones. I got rid of all my Avery binders when I discovered the Staples Better Binders. Gah, I sound like an ad. But really, I'm very cheapest option on many if not most things, but these surprised me by being so good.

The recycling thing is wild! What's to stop people from buying the $1 binder just to get the $2 off? Do poly binders count? I stock up on those every year, but would love to trade them for Better Binders.

I too was a skeptic about the price difference, but they really are nice, and one of those areas where it's worth it to splurge, imo. I'm going to re-use several from last year and use some of the cheapy ones for storage.

So, as a first time homeschooler with a K, 2nd and 4th grader, what size(s) would you recommend?I don't know if I want to deal with the bulk of a big 3" binder (which aren't on sale), but would love to have something to hold everything together for the major subjects...as mentioned in TWTM. I realize this is a hard question to answer, but I'd really like to take advantage of this sale...and yes, it is available online!

Edited by choc0holic

I went yesterday and spent about 2 hours there. They had everything placed in different locations so you really had to hunt for things. Overall, I am happy with what I got.

Here are some pictures on my blog about what I got. And, I was on the fence about the binders but I do love them! I bought four. :001_smile: You'll have to scroll down towards the bottom to see the pictures of what I got.

I bought the 1.5 size and I though they seemed pretty big. I am only planning on putting one subject in each. I bought one for LA and one for History for all their completed work. You might want to go with the 2 inch if you are putting all their paperwork in them.

Changed the blog link, so it should go right to the post with the sale.

Also, I love the better binders! And, all the supplies that I bought we are still using them up. Expect for the white board markers everything lasted a long time.

I went yesterday and bought 4 2" binders for $28 (sale) and traded 4 of our old binders in for $8 off. I got 4 of the 2" Better Binders for $20. Yea!!

I plan on going back this week for more.

Plus, there is a $5 off $30 purchase in this weeks ad, or you can click here.

Thanks again for posting this. :001_smile:

How horrible would it be to get the 2 inch ones? I know TWTM recommend 3 ...... does everyone find the 2 too small?

I stick with the 2". Bigger than that becomes too clunky for my kids to handle, and I am NOT doing their filing for them!!

No filing system is worth anything if it cannot be used :D

I went yesterday and bought 4 2" binders for $28 (sale) and traded 4 of our old binders in for $8 off. I got 4 of the 2" Better Binders for $20. Yea!!

I plan on going back this week for more.

Plus, there is a $5 off $30 purchase in this weeks ad, or you can click here.

Thanks again for posting this. :001_smile:

That's a great deal! I wish I had some old beat up binders that I don't need.

I went today and traded in 5 binders, so I got 5 of the 1" Better Binders for $3 each. I also got some of the easy rebate items so I could use the $5/$30 coupon, so I ended up spending $30 and change and I should get back about $19.

I didn't see any other binders cheaper than $4.99, unless the cheaper ones are in a different spot. So, getting the Better Binders was definitely a great deal!

I got different colors in store, but the sale price did not start ringing until she had rung up two of them. But I bought 5 and they all rang at $5, so after the first 2 it was fine. I didn't have to buy in sets of 2 I mean.

For those who recycled old binders, was there any restictions?

Only that they have to be empty.

They have a bar code in a binder at the register. She counted the 4 and scanned it four times. :) One of mine even had writing on the spine with a permanent marker.

For those who recycled old binders, was there any restictions?

We recycled our old Avery binders. The man checking us out said we could only recycle if we were purchasing Avery brand binders, not Better Binders as it was an Avery sponsored event. Fortunately, he was very pro-homeschooling, so gave us the discount on the Better Binders anyway. :)

It sounds like some people here had no problems though, so maybe call ahead and ask?

I had no problem recycling two old binders and then purchasing Better Binders that were on sale. I was also able to use a Staples Rewards and the $5 off $30 printable coupon all within the same purchase. I bought a couple of rebate items, so I ended up getting $35 worth of school supplies for a couple of bucks. YEAH!

ETA: Just submitted my rebates online. Looks like I'll end up making $7. Even better.

Edited by pitterpatter