Menu

Does your aluminum foil do THIS??

duh.

I feel so stupid.

===============

I received this email from a friend today. And, being the doubting Thomas I am, went immediately to my role of Reynolds wrap.

I've been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, "Press here to lock end". Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

I'm sharing this with my friends that did not know this. I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.

I had no idea! I had to immediately check out my foil and saran wrap. I'm pleased to report that my foil is now safely locked and will never fall out of my box again. Alas, my saran wrap will continue to drive me batty as it does not have those clever little tabs.:glare:

Don't feel bad, I just discovered it last year!!

duh.

I feel so stupid.

===============

I received this email from a friend today. And, being the doubting Thomas I am, went immediately to my role of Reynolds wrap.

I've been using aluminum foil for more years than I care to remember. Great stuff, but sometimes it can be a pain. You know, like when you are in the middle of doing something and you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, "Press here to lock end". Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

I'm sharing this with my friends that did not know this. I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.

Oh, I'm sorry Peek.

As I was reading your post, I was thinking, "Why doesn't she just poke her finger in the little tab thingies on the ends of the box?"

I think I first noticed those things about a year ago. I have no idea how long they've been there.

My wax paper doesn't have them.

I'm glad you'll never again drop your foil in your lasagna!

G'nite,

Suzanne

ashamed005.gifUm, actually, now that you mention it, I think I did know that. Past tense, that is. I'm pretty sure dh pointed that out to me at some point. Seems like I remember thinkin' that was pretty nifty... And then, somehow, I managed to forget it. :001_huh:

So, thanks for the reminder. I need all the help I can get. :tongue_smilie:

Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too!

What?!?!? You mean all those times I've sat and tried to find the end of the Saran Wrap because it got all wrapped up and stuck to itself could have been avoided? What about the times my aluminum foil has torn down to a tight, tiny spiral?

I've wasted half my life. I need to go lie down. This is shocking news, Peek! :D

Yes. I received this information via e-mail a few weeks ago. I was glad to be alone when I realized what a ding bat I was. I'm always going on about reading directions too. :D

duh.

I feel so stupid.

===============

I had to run and check, but whaddaya know! The Reynolds foil has the tabby things, and the generic parchment too! But the Reynolds wax paper doesn't!? :001_huh: And neither does the Sam's plastic wrap that I purchased at Walmart. That is one feature I will be shopping for in the future!

:) Thanks, Peek!