Menu

I have been MIA...An explanation.

Hi everyone, I have certainly missed you all. The past year has been...a challenge to say the least. Well, it actually really started with DH's infected ankle, even though that seems like a lifetime ago now. Last fall, I was cruising along HSing DD8 and I was hit with kidney stones, FIVE of them...

Around Christmas, DD8 started showing some odd, and then frightening behaviors. Long story short, she has been diagnosed with serious mental illness. It became impossible to continue schooling, and her psychiatrist told us that we had to discontinue schooling and focus 100% of our attention on healing our girl.

DH got PCS orders around the same time (of course) and we arrived in our new location just yesterday...right smack dab in the middle of the country. We hope to return to HSing at some point, but for this year, we will be putting her into a school that has a special needs program. I need a rest. I am exhausted...totally and completely mentally, physically and emotionally spent. I need to take time to recover, too. DD6 will be entering first grade, and will be attending public.

So that is where I have been. I hope to hang around a bit more in the next months, if only for emotional support.

:grouphug: :grouphug: Oh honey, you've been through the wringer! I'm so sorry to hear of everything you and your family are going through. I hope things get better for you soon. I'm so glad that you checked in! It's good to see you. :)

:grouphug::grouphug:

I was just wondering about you the other day and checked your profile page to see when you were here last. :) I'm so sorry for all that you have been through! You KNOW you can stick around, homeschooling or not!

Praying for you all!

Thank you so much EVERYONE. I wasn't sure you would even remember me. Oh who am I kidding? You have the best memories in the universe. :grouphug:

Surely you jest!!!! not remember you?

I drive past your former home on FHR at least 6 times a day and there is no sign of anyone there -- so knowing that you all had gone on to your next duty station, you have been in my thoughts.:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: