Menu

Spent half of this holiday in the ER

**Update in post 14**

with a bad nosebleed, and now my nostrils are both packed for 2 days. I have a deviated septum, and it hurt terribly when the PA was trying to get the packing material in over the hump. They got the doctor and she used medicine to numb it. I've been avoiding the surgery to fix this, but after today, I'm going to call the ENT tomorrow and see if I can get in right away. Please pray it doesn't start back and that all will go well with the surgery whenever I get to have it.

We've had so much lately, and I'm concerned about the part I'll have to pay, but I want to do this while we still have insurance. Dh got laid off from the school system in May. We hit a deer and did a lot of damage to the car. He decided to go back to school and a government program was supposed to help pay it because he's laid off, but the week the money was due he found out he didn't qualify. He still registered (4 computer classes), then the next week he wrecked while biking with our ds, broke his hand and had to have surgery.

I'm so thankful for the ways God has already provided for us, and I know that all this will help us grow and trust Him more.

Edited by mom31257

Oh I am so sorry!

Our little one has deviated septum too but it is on the growth plate and they would prefer not to do the operation til she is at least 16. In the meantime she gets major bloody noses. I have found the ER to be rather rough with her, we don't go anymore, we pack it and coat it with Vaseline.

What a coincidence, our car was recently attacked by a deer too! Cost a fortune to fix, stupid thing stove in the entire front end and the hood!

God's provision has been enough these many years, trusting in Him still in these hard times. Keep us posted on the ENT!

Edited by Lizzie in Ma

Thank you all for the hugs and prayers. I'm going to get to see an ENT tomorrow afternoon. I'm having a problem with the packing on the worst side trying to slide out. No bleeding has started back, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I've tried taping it to my nose, but I don't know if it's going to hold. I don't think I'm going back to the ER unless it starts bleeding again.

I went to the ENT today. He pulled out the packing and the bleeding started again. He tried 3 different procedures before he could get it to stop. If the last one had not, I was going to have to go into surgery to stop it. I am going to have the surgery to correct the septum and will schedule it next week. Thanks again for the hugs and prayers. Please pray that it will not start again. Also pray for my digestive system. I've had a lot of blood go into it and it's queasy and upset a little.

I went to the ENT today. He pulled out the packing and the bleeding started again. He tried 3 different procedures before he could get it to stop. If the last one had not, I was going to have to go into surgery to stop it. I am going to have the surgery to correct the septum and will schedule it next week. Thanks again for the hugs and prayers. Please pray that it will not start again. Also pray for my digestive system. I've had a lot of blood go into it and it's queasy and upset a little.

I'm so glad that he got it to stop. Praying. :grouphug: