Menu

Creative ways to say goodbye to family friends moving away

Our families best friends are moving to another state, across the country.

The husband has already left. In 20 days, the wife and 2 boys (13 and 11) and her mother who lives with them will leave. Her birthday is about a week before they leave. (and typically her family forgets about her birthday)

I want to do something creative and fun.

She cannot drink alcohol due to meds, and because of her mother's heart issues she doesn't want to leave for long periods of time...

She will have very little space in the car as they travel, so a box for the car is out (but I COULD mail one to the new house if you have ideas)

I'd love ideas or suggestions on what we can do! HELP! :D

You could google her new hometown and buy (online) a few gift cards for unique places she might like.

I find it helps when you have a place to eat after you moved boxes around all day.

If they are attached to the town they are leaving, go around and take a few pics of landmarks and have someone like Walgreens make a collage 8 x10 or larger which you can frame and mail.

You could google her new hometown and buy (online) a few gift cards for unique places she might like.

I find it helps when you have a place to eat after you moved boxes around all day.

If they are attached to the town they are leaving, go around and take a few pics of landmarks and have someone like Walgreens make a collage 8 x10 or larger which you can frame and mail.

I like this idea!