Menu

My hubby just picked up my Golden from the groomers and they shaved him.

WE took him in a week ago and they didn't trim him at all so my hubby went back and told them that he wanted the regular trim that we usually get and they shaved him. I am not there but my hubby says he looks like a yellow lab which isn't too bad right now but when the fur starts growing back it will be all patchy. Any idea how long it will take for it to grow back in evenly?

We shave our golden mix (looks golden) every summer and by fall she has her nice long coat. She seems to like to get all that fur off of her. it started by a friend saying she could cut the dogs hair and as she cuts her dogs and well we now only use the groomer!

She should look all nice again by fall again. Sometimes you have to be pretty explicit with what you want with some groomers. Some of them might be able to handle dogs well, but they're terrible at conversation skills.:tongue_smilie:

Kinda like me:D

We have a border collie and when he came back from the groomer, I almost cried. He looked awful. (I'm sure the cut was great, but I wanted it shorter, not military style lol). Since I hadn't specified, i didn't complain (and I still tipped because I had asked them to do what they typically did for border collies in the summer).

I have to say though, as much as I didn't like the look, I'm sure HE appreciates the cut. lol It has been H.O.T. hot this summer with the heat index hitting 111 where we live. (Yes, we do bring him in when it's scorching). He's also very active, so I'm sure he loves it. For his sake, I'll probably get it cut like that again next summer. It's already starting to grow out and I'm sure that by Fall it will be perfect. :)

When it grows to the length you want, take a picture. :)

She should look all nice again by fall again. Sometimes you have to be pretty explicit with what you want with some groomers. Some of them might be able to handle dogs well, but they're terrible at conversation skills.:tongue_smilie:

Kinda like me:D

:iagree: and watch them write it down if you can. I specifically told them not to trim my shih tzu's ears and they did. :(

we had this same problem with our golden not too long ago (her hair was sort of matting up in places, and supposedly they had no choice....) --- good news is, it's growing in and not patchy at all. Trying to remember when we did it.....maybe a month ago? Anyway, it's growing in just fine and it only took a week or so before she started looking "golden-ish" again instead of nekkid.

We had to do that once for our previous (part)Golden when she got sprayed by a skunk; same thing, it grew in just fine, not patchy at all. For a little bit they look like a lab, then like maybe a mix of lab/golden, and then they are back to normal.

Thanks so much you guys. I am so glad to hear that their hair grows back quickly. When my hubby told me, it didn't sound too bad, labs aren't so bad. Then he sent a picture and I swear my Golden looks like a giant chinese crested. :glare: If I had been there to pick him up it would not have went well. I am sure the police would have ended up being involved. The groomer tried to say that I needed a show groom for him and they don't know how to do that. :001_huh: They have been grooming him every two to three months for three years now. He has a card with the exact instructions of what they are supposed to do. This is one of those cases where I really want to know what that woman was thinking. :confused: