Menu

I can't make a meatloaf that is edible. No matter what, I just can not do it. I can't stand on a step stool without getting dizzy. I can't swim or whistle. I can wink my left eye but not my right. I also can't seem to keep up with blogging!

Edited by Mommie_Jen

Oh my gosh me too! I don't know what it is! I can make so many other kinds, but sugar cookies are always a disaster! I always buy them.

I'm not alone! :lol:A couple years ago I went on a mission to learn how to make good sugar cookies-puffy and light and hold their shape. I went through loads of ingredients and my kids were dang sick of sugar cookies and they never came out right. I just don't make them and stick with what I'm good at. No store bought for us since my youngest has food allergies.

[*]mail a package without mummifying it with tape

:lol:

Me either! It's a wonder my packages aren't inspected *just because* they are (ahem) so welled taped!

I can't say hors d'oeuvres unless I think about it for a minute and then whisper it in my hubby's ear so as to make sure I don't embarrass myself :001_smile:

:lol:

I CAN say this word - but the first time I ever saw it in print, I was a young married woman. I said "ors day overs". Dh had a good chuckle over that one and STILL laughs over it!

Some other things I can't do:

~wear or walk in heels

~roll my r's (although sometimes I will surprisingly get one to roll within a word - dh can just roll those r's by themselves - on and on and on . . .)

~make good hamburgers (I can make great meat loaf and am an overall good cook, but not hamburgers; dh now makes those and they're very good)

I imagine I could fill tomes with the things I can't do, but this is what came to mind right now.

I can't . . .

do a split

roll my r's

understand the ending of "2001: A Space Odyssey"

paint my toenails without it looking like a monkey did it

tolerate my son's dubstep music for more than a few minutes

Wendi

I'm not alone! :lol:A couple years ago I went on a mission to learn how to make good sugar cookies-puffy and light and hold their shape. I went through loads of ingredients and my kids were dang sick of sugar cookies and they never came out right. I just don't make them and stick with what I'm good at. No store bought for us since my youngest has food allergies.

:) My home made sugar cookies have been lovingly dubbed "belly bombs" by my family. :p hehehe

I can roll my r's, but I can't cut hair straight. It always winds up crooked.

There was another one I thought of, but it flew right out of my head. So I guess I can't remember! hehehehe

I am so pathologically afraid of cockroaches and palmetto bugs that it is almost impossible for me to kill one. I just can't make myself get close enough to them to do it. Especially palmetto bugs. I'm so afraid of it taking flight and coming at me. :svengo:

This has led to some pretty creative ways of dealing with them when I've encountered them in the house. Fortunately now I'm married, I can make my husband do it and he gets them, but if I'm alone, they mostly get away because I just can't do it. If I can't hit them in kill them with a thrown shoe, it's pretty much over. Then I can't sleep because I know it's in the house and I have to hide under the sheet and have it all tucked in around under my head, body and feet so it can't "get" me.

I've encountered them in the bathtub when I've gotten up to go to the bathroom at night (you know I have to look behind the shower curtain don't you just in case a psycho killer with a knife is hiding in there. :p) I've bombed it to oblivion with wet toilet paper hoping to kill it that way, or sprayed it with hair spray hoping it will kill it, but it doesn't work. You're just left with a big wad of toilet paper in the shower in the morning with no bug trapped in it.

Shudder. I really hate cockroaches. :svengo: :eek: