Menu

If you really want to bite your dc, but

you know it's probably hormones even though they're having a tough time obeying...

and you offer them an "out" (i.e. go play in your room for a little bit while mama has a self-imposed "time-out")...

and they argue, pout, whine, and ASK FOR ICE CREAM...

do you go ahead & bite them? :lol:

--Aubrey, who is counting the minutes until bedtime but still feeling sorry for them.

You do know how hysterically funny you are, right?! I'm glad you can have a sense of humor while hormonal. I think I might have bitten first and asked questions later.

(((Aubrey))) Here's hoping the dc's bedtime comes soon and you are able to have a much deserved rest.

OK, I'm thinking....hmmmm......do you bite or not.......hmmmmm......;).

Well, I guess you'd better not, but I sure know how you feel. I bit my mother once when I was hormonal and had post-partum depression. Yes, my mother. It's a long story - don't ask. Just know that I sure know how you feel.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Well... Time-outs at our house occasionally include not just being sent to their room, but being sent to a specific spot ("You sit on the green couch, and you sit on the red couch!" or "You sit on the bottom step, and you sit on the top step!") *plus* the requirement that they do not speak (or hit/kick the walls, etc) until I determine that their time is up. Because yes, in certain frames of mine, they can't be trusted to speak -- and I can't be trusted to be around them if they continue with the bickering, whining, begging, arguing, whatever.

And usually when I go and release them, they're so happy to be allowed to do something again, that they're rather cheerful. And if they're still snarly, it's clear that they haven't been sitting long enough, so I send 'em back.

And yeah, sometimes it's for their own safety. ;)

Don't bite the kiddos, Aubrey. Even if they deserve it. ;)

OK, I'm thinking....hmmmm......do you bite or not.......hmmmmm......;).

Well, I guess you'd better not, but I sure know how you feel. I bit my mother once when I was hormonal and had post-partum depression. Yes, my mother. It's a long story - don't ask. Just know that I sure know how you feel.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I threw a HUGE steak knife across the room, barely missing mil once. Actually, it flew out of my hand accidentally. She laughed. I cried. :001_huh: I felt SO bad!

I think they've done enough chores now that if I resubmit my offer to let them play in their rooms, they might be more inclined to accept the offer.

Otherwise, biting begins in 20 min. ;)

I think they've done enough chores now that if I resubmit my offer to let them play in their rooms, they might be more inclined to accept the offer.

Otherwise, biting begins in 20 min. ;)

Now, see... my impulse is to pinch. :lol:

I feel ya. How long until bed?

Now, see... my impulse is to pinch. :lol:

I feel ya. How long until bed?

Yah, pinching would be fine. It's just that biting seems like a natural outcome of the roaring.

Officially? At least an hr till bed. Mama time? Four minutes. I might let them take dinner to bed, though.

I'd throw all three of them in the tub together. Your oldest is old enough to make sure the baby doesn't drown. Crabby children almost always sweeten up in water.

Biting the children may not be the best of plans, but I sure feel for ya. I tend to let them watch TV and hide in my room when I'm feeling like that. :D

Alright, they're in bed. And starting an hr *before* bedtime, they actually only got there about 5 min early. :001_huh:

I'm off to "sweeten up" as Beth said. ;) Thanks for putting up w/ me!

Oh, & ftr, no one got bitten. I gave kisses & even changed diapers. (Don't ask why that's PLURAL!)